Ch 9: Just Can't Anymore

Okay so, this chapter includes trigger warnings for triggery things like not eating, suicidal thoughts/tendencies, Clarity being depressed and guilty and so done being a metahuman and overall very concerning, ....so yeah. You've been warned. Clarity's mental health has tanked. On with the chapter.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"Oh, hey, Sara." Nate called to her, "Sara, I've been searching for more outliers in the hopes of finding Darhk and his witchy friend." Nate began as he walked up beside her from the library. He looked up to the ceiling. "You think having a supercomputer would be helpful."

"Watch yourself, Mr. Heywood." Gideon reprimanded. "I've more important caretaking matters to attend to rather than searching throughout time. Our main concerns are here on this ship already."

"Somehow I don't think you playing videogames with Rip's kid qualifies as more important than finding Darhk but anyways," Nate continued. "there's no sign of them in the timeline."

Sara stopped walking and turned to face Nate who stopped short too before he crashed into her. "What is that smell?" Sara asked him a disgusted look on her face.

"Okay, full disclosure, I haven't left the library
in seven days, I think." Nate admitted. "Is it Tuesday? I'm not really sure. It's hard for me to keep track of time in a temporal zone."

"Shower." Sara ordered. "Now."

"Okay." Nate agreed as Sara resumed walking, he followed suit. "I'll shower after I find Darhk. I know how much it means to you to find him."

"Look, we're gonna put Darhk back in the ground where he belongs, but not like this." Sara denied pausing again.

"Not like what?" Nate asked in confusion.

"Not like Rip." Sara replied. "He lost perspective, and he got his team killed.
I'm not going to be that kind of captain.
But I am the kind of captain that tells you
to clean yourself up. Okay?"

"Aye, aye." Nate nodded walking off to go shower like Sara had told him too. Sara heard the sound of Rory and Amaya's voices echo down the waveriders hall. Sara sighed making her way to Clarity's door where the two were standing whispering and arguing.

"Rory, Amaya, how is she?" Sara asked as she approached Claritys door the arsonist having just walked out of the room. "Any change?"

"Still won't eat a damned thing." Rory replied looking about ready to punch a wall. Plate of uneaten food that had been for Clarity in his hand.

Sara rubbed at her forehead. "Not even the strawberries?"

Mick shook his head. "Got some water in her, nothing else."

"Damnit Clarity." Sara muttered under her breath turning to look at the closed doors. This had all started last week. Day after Rip went to prison and Clarity'd killed Tyler, finished Darhk's job with all those agents. She'd seemed fine given the circumstances, a little down but that was expected. She'd killed people, of course she wouldn't be all cheery rainbows. Sara hadn't seen any red flags. Clarity'd been cooking for everyone, made treats like she so often did. Over the course of three days, Clarity'd surprised everyone with food already prepared whether it be breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Even if it wasn't her turn on the chore wheel. No one was complaining either. If she was feeling guilty and wanted to do some stuff to try and ease that who was the team to stop her? Clarity's cooking was amazing. So what if she didn't sit down to eat with them, she just wasn't up to close contact. That was fine, Sara hadn't thought anything of it, it was just Clarity being Clarity, only it wasn't and she should have. It was Zari who'd brought it to everyone's attention that Clarity was making food for everyone else and not eating herself. Gideon while being disobeyed from outright voicing any concerns to the rest of the team by Clarity, cleverly put the situation in code for Miss Tomaz to find.