Ch 4: Fuck this Future

"Yo, Sara look who I just ran into?" Jax jabbed a thumb behind him with a grin. Clarity walking into the parlour with a hesitant skip to her step. She'd actually almost tripped herself on the top stair as her last skip had been a smidge too low, but a well timed glitch of her left foot saved her from going down as she righted herself. "We got a stowaway."

"Well, well, well, if a wild pachirisu hasn't found her way aboard

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Well, well, well, if a wild pachirisu hasn't found her way aboard. Gary's not here anymore. He left with Ava yesterday." Sara informed the abnormally blue eyed meta, bending and straightening her knees as she said the final word arms crossed over her chest. Her expression guarded, already bracing herself for the glitch to open a time doorway and walk through. If she was being honest with herself Sara wasn't sure how many times she could take watching her walk away from her. She was doing her best to keep the door open for her, yet it was hard having the glitch seemingly slam it behind her each time she left. That said Sara wasn't about to beg her to stay either. If Clarity was happy with the bureau, and the little life she'd made for herself there, good, fine. She'd let her go... though it's not what Sara wanted. She wanted Clarity to stay, she wanted her around, even if the glitch didn't want her waiting anymore, even if she'd messed up and probably didn't have a single chance of Clarity returning her feelings maybe ever now, there was a part of her that still wanted the glitch close to her, have her in her life, but she wanted Clarity to choose to stay even more. For her to choose without any prodding or pressing, it was her life it had to be her choice. If it wasn't she'd just go back to Rip and his replacements when she thought she wasn't needed or they could handle things on their own. There was no replacing Clarity, Rip thought it, Sara knew it, which meant that the best thing that she could do is keep neutral and not let on about wanting her back with them. "So if you're here for a quick visit to check on Gary or grab him before you go mingling in the land of polyester pant suits and crappy coffee you missed him."

"Oh uh nope sorry, that's not why I'm here. Actually I came to see you, and the team...well not just see you all actually. How do I put this? Uh the bureau... yeah no can't explain it without making them all sound like dicks. It wasn't them, it was totally just me. Okay, so let's just say I realized it wasn't where I should be." Clarity clasped her hands together. "I guess it took me a little while to figure that out but better late than never so um," Clarity cleared her throat and straightened up saluting with her right hand two fingers at her hair line the rest bent closed against the palm of her white fingerless glove. "Glitch reporting for duty Captain Lance. Permission to resume Legends status?"

"Hmm...I don't know." Sara tapped her chin walking away from her turning around to hide the little twitch of a smile that threatened to break her mask of non expression.

Clarity's smile faltered her hand lowered now looking uneasy. Did...did Sara not want her here anymore? She looked over to Jax eyes widening in surprise and slight fear. She hadn't expected there to be opposition to her return.

"Sara, c'mon." Jax complained throwing his left arm out in the Glitches directions. "It's Clarity."

"And?" Sara challenged, really just biding time to fight her smile down. But the more she resisted the more her mouth was intent on betraying her.

Glitching to Fix Time {Poor Execution, Rewrite occurring in diff book}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें