Ch 16: Crisis on Earth X pt 4

Another day Another Crisis chapter! Yay!!! Finally finishing up episode 1 of Crisis let's go!!!!

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

"Jefferson there you are! I was worried sick when you didn't come home this morning.  I thought that you might not go to the wedding. I know we are at odds with each other at the moment but- Oh, pardon me am I interrupting?" Stein looked from Jax to the girl he had been chatting with before he walked over. "I didn't realize you were conversing with someone."

"Nah, it's alright

"Nah, it's alright. Grey, this is Roxie. Rox, I'd like you to meet Professor Martin Stein." Jax introduced the two.

"Roxanne McAllister, Nice to meet you, Professor. If you ever need a wedding photographer." She passed him her card. "Give me a ring. Any friend of Jax's even gets a discount."

"Ah, I'll be sure to keep you in mind for my daughters. I'm sure Lily is going to want to marry her boyfriend somewhat soon now that Ronnie is born."

"Keep dreaming, Gray." Jax shook his head.

"I shall Jefferson, perhaps with me retiring and being home more often it will help her pick a date."

"Congratulations." Roxie told him. "You must be so excited."

"I am." Stein nodded. "Though all of my colleagues," Steins eyes flicked to Jax. "Don't seem to share your sentiments at the current moment."

"They'll just have to learn to get along with out you." Roxie insisted. "It's like my Auntie always said, leave the bitterness behind and look towards sunny skies. Retirement is just the bell for tea time."

"She stole that from a sweet tea commercial." Jax protested.

"Yeah, well Auntie said it better than they did." Roxie insisted.

"Am I missing something here?" Stein wondered as the two laughed, stared and smiled at each other for a bit longer than was socially typical for people who weren't together. Stein knew Jax had slept with someone last night. But he hadn't expected it to be her. He'd assumed Jax had gone out drinking and picked up some girl at a bar somewhere. Not the wedding photographer.

"Oh, Jax and I went to school together back in highschool. Anyways, I had a great time Jax." Roxie replied. "I better get back to work now. These pictures won't take themselves and I'm all out of rehearsals."

"You never need practice. You always take the perfect shot first try." Jax told her.

"Ah, Well it was lovely, to meet you Roxanne." Stein turned to Jax. "Jefferson we best be getting to our seats. I believe the wedding is about to commence."