Ch 28: Love you to the Moon and Back

Start from the beginning

"Yeah well you bury yourself in work and get all rude like your doing now."

"Am I? I don't care and just for the record I didn't make any denials unlike you. Now Henry  had free reign in 65. I only told him to protect the spear, no contact with his family in the future, and not to make any waves. Where would he go?"

"God it's like you time scattered them." Clarity complained tapping a few buttons on the screen pulling up news paper clippings searching for any sign of Henry. "At least you gave them more than a five second warning."

"I gave you all as much time as I could." Rip replied.

"Are you kidding me?" Clarity demanded.

"I set you up in Paris France during the golden age of fashion. Crisp 70 degree day. There's really nothing for you to complain about there." Rip denied slamming his book going for a different one.

"Huh, that's funny because if I recall I ended up in the middle of an ocean during a typhoon, and then I finally found dry land, an island what a great thing to be on with my powers." Sarcasm just dripping from her voice as she shuffled through digital papers. "I was so drained that I had to..." Clarity bit her tongue closing her hand to stop the lightning in it. "It was six months of me not knowing if I was going to survive the night. The people worshipped me on the isles of Zorcai, but what use is an ailing Zarysa barely strong to raise two fingers. I got to play warrior queen but at at what cost? You never should have time scattered any of us."

"You weren't suppose to end up there." Rip rubbed at his eye. "You glitched during your scatter didn't you?"

"Of course I glitched you didn't explain." Clarity replied spinning around to face him.

"Well, you screwed it up. Would've been perfect if you just let it happen. I'm not apologizing for saving your life."

"Wait...that's it! I know how to track Henry!" Clarity cheered.

"I think Miss Springs and I may have found a way to track Commander Heywood. Though admittedly she hasn't told me what it is." Rip announced the two walking onto the bridge.

"Don't worry, Mr. Hunter. We've already found him." Stein told him.

"You did?"  Rip asked in surprise.

"I told you we were on it." Clarity crossed her arm looking to Sara. "My idea was so good."

"Yeah, well we were on it faster." Sara replied petting a loose strand of her hair. "You still wanna share?"

"No." Clarity pouted climbing into the console. "Where to?"

"We're headed to Houston," Jax poked her in the side, as he said the year. "1970."

Clarity's smiled, perking up immediately, a few sparks spraying from the console. "I love the 70's!"

"Elvis at the Astrodome." Mick toasted frowning as one of claritys sparks drifted into his beer. He peered into the bottle smiling at the tiny flame inside. He blew it out after a few seconds.

"And then we're going to rescue my grandfather." Nate objected.

"Then Elvis." Mick repeated.

"We still need to figure out a way of contacting Commander Heywood without arousing suspicion. To that end, I suggest that we-" Rip began.

"It's simple." Sara smiled stepping up beside him. "We infiltrate NASA."

"And then lava lamp shopping?" Clarity pleaded.

"What's wrong with yours?" Mick demanded.

"Nothing!" Clarity objected. "It's just lonely and it wants a friend. They make the best ones in this era."