Ch 27: Mind infiltration

Start from the beginning

"That's okay. More for Mick." Clarity replied twisting her tray.

"Except Rip knows, which means the Legion of Doom probably already knows. They could already have my grandfather, or he could be dead, or they're torturing him, - or he's dying, or -" Nate looked down at his cupcake. "How are these cupcakes so good?"

"We're not gonna let that happen." Sara told Nate.

"It's not just about my grandfather. It's about the entire fabric of reality that's at stake here, which you think would be incentive enough for a certain talking computer to buffer a little quicker." Nate complained.

"The name is Gideon, and I'm processing data as fast as I can." Gideon replied.

"And you just lost your cupcake privileges." A bolt of lightning shot from Claritys hand and his cupcake was no more.

"What? Aw man..." Nate frowned at the now inedible mess in his hand. He hadn't even eaten the best bite of it cause he'd been saving it for last.

"Gideon is working as hard as she possibly can. Do you think sifting through and translating all that data is easy? Because I can tell you it's not. We're going to find Henry and his piece of the spear. Because we have to." Claritys tray bent in her grip lightning twisting around it. "We have to."

"Hey," Amaya rested her hand on her shoulder. "We will." Clarity smiled at her.

"We better." Nate crossed his arms impatiently.

"Just Just chill out, bro, all right?" Jax told him "Let Gideon do her thing and let's try not to think too hard about the consequences."

"Look, soon as we lock in a location on the fragment, we'll head there right away. We're gonna save your grandfather, and, Save Clarity from whatever the speedsters planning." And then as more of an afterthought she added, "and you know, the fabric of reality."

As Sara and Jax left the room Clarity glitched back to the kitchen setting the cupcakes down on the table for Mick to find. Stein had already got his and she'd left a special gluten free batch for Ray in his room. She plucked one of the treats up.

"Gideon don't tell anyone where I am for the next five minutes." Clarity ordered.

"Understood creator." Gideon replied, with that agreed Clarity glitched to Rip's cell. She didn't want Gideon snitching on her to Sara. One of the benefits to being her creator. Plus she didn't want the assassin to overreact. She knew Sara didn't want her questioning Rip alone but surely there was no harm in giving him a cupcake?

"Special delivery." Clarity smiled walking through the cell doors. Only for Rip to knock her out before she had time to realize what he had in mind. The cupcake falling frosting side down splattering upon the floor beside her head. Rip taking full advantage of her giving nature.

"So predictable, Clarity." Rip smiled stroking her hair. "Now then...Gideon. Gideon, I know your there."

When Clarity came to Sara was leaning over her glaring. Clarity gulped. "Uh..." she reached for the fallen cupcake beside her, picking it off the ground. "Cupcake?"

Sara lips pressed together, and she flicked Clarity in the forehead.

"Hey..." Clarity pouted dropping the cupcake down to cover her forehead with both her hands. The cupcake rolling away.

"Hey yourself cupcake," Sara replied crossing her arms as Clarity glitched through her to sit on the floor. "I told you not to visit Rip alone. Now we're stuck in the Cretaceous period, our-our Ugh-Gideon?" Sara requested the right word.