Ch 12: Back to the West pt 1

Start from the beginning

She gripped her sheets tightly. The material smoking under her hands burnt by her lightning. What used to be her fuzzy blue blanket already nothing but a blackened dust coating her bed. Her breath came out ragged as she struggled to get her bearings.

"It was just a dream, creator." Gideon spoke up voice gentle, meaning to be comforting.

"It..." Clarity looked around her room seeing nothing but the darkened shadows of her furniture. Her lava lamp providing the room with a comfortable blue glow to light it. "...It was so real.."

"But it wasn't." Gideon assured her. "It was all a nightmare. My records indicate that Eobard Thawne was erased from existence. There is no record of him, or any Thawne. The latest name in that familial line is the man by the name of Eddie Thawne and he as you know, is also deceased."

"I-I know, Sara, where-where is she?" Clarity asked, biting her bottom lip running a hand through her hair.

"Captain Lance is alive and well. Asleep in her room." Gideon informed her. "Is there anything you'd like me to do for you creator? I could fabricate you fresh bedding, or perhaps warm some milk?"

"No, thank you, Gideon." Clarity replied, getting out of bed frowning as she looked at the blackened smoking mark where she'd just been laying, a perfect imprint of her body. "You don't have to do anything, I'm fine. I just...I've got to make sure Sara's okay." Clarity replied and glitched into the Assassins room, she went to go walk over to Sara's bed but she tripped on Sara's bow staff that the assassin had laid against her dresser after some post-mission training. Clarity thudded against the floor as did the bow staff, knocking over a bunch more stuff making a loud enough racket to wake Sara up and get a knife hurled at her.

Clarity squeaked curling herself into a ball covering her head knees pulled up to her chest. A bolt of lightning zapping out to meet the knife, catching it, magnetizing it before it fell harmlessly to the ground.

"Wait, Clarity?" Sara groggily rubbed her eye. Because of course she recognized her lightning crackling, even if the room was dark it light up rather beautifully. Her eyes starting to adjust to the almost entirely pitch black room. "What are you doing in here? It's 2:30 in the morning."

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you..I tripped, and uh, I had a nightmare and Giddy told me you were fine, but I just I had to make sure..." Clarity's eyebrows scrunched together glitching over to sit at the edge of Sara's bed, to get a closer look,"...t-that you were okay, and um," She hooked her fingers under Sara's chin guiding it to turn her head slightly left and right, her hand dropping away into her lap after a few seconds. "...looks like you're pretty fine, not as in your pretty, but as in you're okay, uh, I mean okay as in you're not hurt, obviously your always attractive even in the middle of the night like this. So, anyways..I'll go now..."

"Hey, hold on a second." Sara caught her arm, fingers gently resting against her skin, less of a grip more of a simple touch but even then Sara could feel the wisps of lightning traveling up and down Claritys skin. "Don't just glitch out on me. It's okay, I'm up now, we can talk about it. You wouldn't have come here if it wasn't bad."

"No," Clarity replied shaking her head. "I don't want to do that. It's better if I just let that dream die. If I let it fade away it's not going to have any power."

"Alright, fine we don't have to talk about the dream." Sara shook her head. "But we do have to talk about all your recent behavior."