26

Leilani's POV:

We didn't say anything we just stayed there holding each other.

This all I want. The this is all I need.

"Your all I need Oscar."
"You can be as toxic as you want. You can cheat on me as many times as you want. You can set my clothes on fire. Break all of my makeup. You can do the most horrible fucked up things to me Oscar. And I'd still love you."
"Every time you speak, every time you breathe, every time you get up in the morning and I see you. It makes my heart melt. Just knowing your here with me. Just knowing your alive."
"But Oscar if you don't want me anymore. I'll walk away. I'll keep my distance from you. If that's what you want. But I have to hear you say it, because three days ago you were on your knee confessing your love to me."
"And if you wanna know what else Cuchillos said then I'll tell you like I should have. I just thought it would have been better if I kept it to myself because I didn't know how you'd react."

"So she did say something else."

My heart broke that that's all he cared about. All he cared about was being right. All he cared about was that. It was if I didn't even say anything before that.

"She said I shouldn't get married. But I don't care about what other people think. Especially if it's about being with you. I don't care. I just want you Oscar."

"That's all she said?"

"And something about how I'm a good leader."I looked up at him and he was looking down at me.

"I feel so stupid now."

"I feel the same way."I said putting my head back down.

---

Oscar's POV:

This moment really, really, showed me how much I needed Leilani and how much I loved her. I knew I loved her, I knew she loved me. But this is what it took for me to realize my love for her. To show me how much I really did actually love her.

I backed up from her to hold her hands and look her in the eyes.

"Leilani Eve Santiago soon to be Diaz, hopefully. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you like this but I did and that's my fault. I shouldn't have reacted this way. I should have just let it go. I should've just had that trust in you and I didn't and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."
"Leilani, I love you so much. I can never stop thinking about you. No matter how long were apart every little thing still reminds me of you."
"Your my happy place Lei. And I'm sorry, I hurt you...again."

This is when I started to cry. I loved this woman so much, and I just broke her. I made her believe I didn't want her anymore. I drove her to the point were she wouldn't care if I were to hurt her again. I was so angry at myself.

"Lei *cough* Leilani. You deserve so much better than me."

"No. Oscar. No. You are my better. Even if you hurt me. You make me my happiest. The happiest I have ever been in my whole life. So no "better" because you're my perfect."

She looked into my eyes and looked back at her.

I couldn't help it I kissed her.

But this wasn't like any other kiss we've had before.

This kiss was like a breath of fresh air. This was our new beginning.

-cantevenfunction