Chapter 24-

Leilani's POV:

Tears started rolling down my face. Tears of joy. I loved this man with my whole heart. I loved him so much. He was kryptonite. He was my safe place. My everything.

I shook my head yes, "I do."I smiled and wiped away my tears.

I he slipped the ring on me finger, "Slow your roll. We ain't getting ready just yet."

"When's the soonest we can get married?"I laughed and kissed him.

---

2 O'clock/3ish

I heard arguing outside.

"What the fuck is going on out there?"I said and walked out.

It was 19th Street, they're here to start shit. Fan-fucking-tastic.

"Who's the hyna?"One of them whistled.

"My lady. Cabron (dumbass)."Oscar clenched his jaw and I stood next to him.

"Like I said before, were not giving you Jefferson. Now get the fuck out of here kid."Oscar stood up to him.

The kid just laughed, "You'll regret that."He said then gestured for him and his homies to leave.

"What in the actual fuck. What was that even about?"I asked.

"Prophet$ all got arrested yesterday. Now 19th Street can run around again. And now that they can do that, they want Jefferson."Sad Eyes said.

I sat there thinking for a second, "Take it up with Cuchillos. Throw Jefferson at them, let them think they have the power. Then reclaim the territory. I will make us look stronger and to let them and every other gang that we don't fuck around. To be honest, we've been kinda ghost on the streets lately."

Oscar stood there a minute. Then gestured me and Sad Eyes inside.

"Your going to have to talk to Cuchillos."

"Okay. Don't get stressed out though Oscar. I got this, she won't don't shit to me."

"What are you even gonna tell her, she don't take shit from nobody now chica."(girl)Sad Eyes cut into our conversation.

I just shrugged. I honestly didn't really know what I was gonna say. I haven't ever really talked to Cuchillos. But she's never intimidated me, I've never seen her as a threat.

---

"Glass of wine?"Cuchillos gestured me the bottle.

"No thank you."I said politely.

"Alright, what are you here for then?"She raised her eyebrow.

"19th Street. They want Jeffereson, I say we give it to them. Make them feel like they won, like they have power. Then after they're comfortable, take it back. We've been pretty ghost on the streets lately. We need to bring back our power, people are thinking were going weak."

She thought to her self for a second. But that second felt like ages.

"Your a leader."She said.

I looked at her confused.

"Based off of what I know about you Loopy, and this conversation you just had with me."She paused. "Your strong, brave, and confident. That's what a leader is, but not just that your a woman."

I was still confused I just took the look off my face, "Cuchillos, I'm not trying to be rude but what does this have to do with Jeffereson?"

She sighed,"It doesn't. But your idea will be set in motion."

"Good, we need the other gangs to know the power we have."

She got up from her chair and walked over to me.
"Don't forget that leadership you have Loopy, one day it will be used for good." She took a moment to look at me.

She grabbed my hand and looked at my engagement ring.

"Your planning on getting married?"She looked me up and down.

"Yes."I stared at her confused once again.

"Don't."

Omfg guys I am really mfkn sorry for leaving y'all M.I.A. for almost 2 months. I didn't have my computer. :(((( Anyways updating schedule will go back how it was before I went M.I.A.

Also sorry for the shortish chapter.

Ps. I'm also working on other books.

-cantevenfunction