40

Leilani's POV:

"Doesn't mean it was right Oscar." I said lowly.

"Feeling right, or being right? Let's think about this Lei. Is it morally wrong? Or is it emotionally? Cause after what I know you felt, you didn't feel like it was wrong." Oscar said.

All I could do was think. It was morally wrong, I knew that if I broke my morals again I'd just be hurting myself. I couldn't do this.

"Morally. If I broke down my walls for you and completely ignored my morals or my standers, I'd just be fucking myself and Isaac over again."

"What if I proved myself this time? What if I showed you I could be what you and Isaac needed?"

I looked at him confused. "Oscar, I've let you do that before and you completely ignore me after awhile and you don't acknowledge Isaac as your child."

He let out a deep breath. "Please Lei."

We made eye contact. "Please."

I sighed. "We can actually co-parent. We'll see how it goes from there."

He just smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

It was weird but I let it go.

———

"How the fuck is any of that your fault?" Ruby asked.

"It's not but I still have to figure it all out and figure out how to prove Caesars innocence."

He scoffed. "Did that idiot say or do anything else?"

"He kissed me." I laughed. "And I kissed back." I laughed once again.

"Are you fucking serious?"

I rolled my eyes. "Ru,  I told him I don't want him back into my life. I told him that we could co-parent and see where shit goes from there. Trust me, I'm not as naive when it comes to live and relationships like I use to be."

He shook is his head. "I hope you're fucking not."

———

"I thought Caesar burnt down the Prophets trap and that's how he went to jail?" I asked Sad Eyes.

"Yes but no. He didn't light it on fire, Latrelle did. Before you say anything, you could ask why. But think about it, if they were gonna go down, so was Caesar. They ended up framing you for you. Well I'm the streets at least."

My jaw dropped. "That doesn't even make any fucking sense Sad Eyes."

He took a puff of his joint. "You're right it doesn't, that's why you have to fix the shit."

-cantevenfunction