Chapter 48: Doil

{EDITED AND REPUBLISHED}

countdown: 1 month before Miyoung has to leave, 3 weeks before the concert

On a Monday morning, Miyoung found herself awake at 4 am. It wasn't her alarm that woke her up but more of her very strange dream. The dream was about her being adopted by Doyoung and Taeil, but what was strange was that she had a younger sister. It just all felt very real and normal and honestly, she didn't know how to feel about the dream.

Unable to go back to sleep, she sighed and decided to get herself ready for the day. In about a couple of minutes, she would have her first practice for the mini-concert. After changing she decided to head to the dance studio but not before leaving Taeil and Doyoung a note.

I'll be out with Jieun and Emma for the whole day!

~Your favorite child, Miyoung :)

Miyoung arrived at the dance studio and was met with Jian sleeping on the floor, Yeongdo was doing something, and Joshua was in a corner playing on his phone. When Joshua saw her, his face lit up and he motioned her to come to him.

"Hi, Miyoung! how's your morning?" He asked with a smile as he took out a clipboard and measuring tape out of his backpack.

"good" Miyoung responded with a smile.

Joshua nodded in acknowledgment and looked at her with a soft smile. "that's nice, do you mind if I take your measurements so I can start looking into outfits?" He asked.

"not at all, go ahead" Miyoung answered and Joshua got to work while maintaining a conversation with her. He was also making sure that he did not make her uncomfortable in any way.

After her, Emma arrived and she was next to be measured. As the others arrived, one by one they got measured by Joshua. After everyone was done getting measured, Yeongdo had them sit on the floor. "ready for practice?", Yeongdo asked brightly and everyone groaned. "sounds like you are"

"Nope not even in the slightest" Jian answered sleepily.

"well this all needs to be ready within 3 weeks because the concert will be in THREE weeks", Yeongdo said and started handing them a packer of papers, "here are the lyrics to all the songs. The parts have already been divided, and the songs which you will actually dance to are highlighted. Not everyone will be in every performance so make sure you read which song you are doing"

"this week you will focus more on the songs that require dancing, and I did hire a choreographer that will be here in a few minutes. make sure to learn all the songs and practice the duos. any questions?"

"No" The six teens responded as they went through the packet. Miyoung didn't know if they could learn all of this within three weeks, but we'll see. She looked through the songs and noticed that she would not be performing 'the 7th sense' and truly she was happy because that song was terrifying when it comes to performing it. Plus she is not the best dancer.

"Today you will start by learning Regular English version and 119 by NCT dream.", Yeongdo said just as their choreographer came in, "good luck"

The six teens stood up from the floor and greeted the choreographer respectfully and looked at their leader for reassurance. Emma looked at her bandmates and gave them reassuring smiles. Miyoung smiled nervously and hoped that she wasn't that bad at dancing.

Hours after Minyoung had left the apartment, Doyoung and Taeil found themselves eating breakfast and talking about a serious topic.

"So are we gonna adopt her ?" Taeil asked his boyfriend. They had been talking about this for weeks and still had no concrete answer.