Chapter 40: Markhyuck

MONDAY

"hyuck" Mark called out but Donghyuck closed the door.

Donghyuck groaned as he remembered what had happened with Mark, which later actually led to a big fight, and now they were not on speaking terms. They had fought so bad that now Donghyuck was staying in baby jun's room. To be fair neither of them intended for there to be a fight, but once Mark tried to talk to Donghyuck it just led to an argument. A few hurtful words were thrown from both sides and now they weren't talking to each other.

Was Donghyuck going to apologize? No, why? because Mark's words had hurt him badly. Even though he didn't like fighting with Mark.

"oh jun, what do I do?" He asked the little boy as he caressed the toddler's cheeks. The younger leaned into his hyung's touch and snuggled closer to him.

"you talk to him" Baby jun murmured, opening his eyes only to see his hyung looking sad and tired. Donghyuck was surprised by the toddler's response and how well he understood the situation. Yet he chooses to not listen to the toddler's words.

Mark, on the other hand, had not been able to sleep ever since the fight with Donghyuck. He didn't even know why it escalated to a fight, which frustrated him, and to top it all he misses having the younger one beside him. He misses Donghyuck annoying him to wake up.

But he wasn't gonna lie, his pride didn't allow him to apologize since Donghyuck did tell him some hurtful things. What made him even more frustrated was that he missed having Donghyuck beside him, feeling the warmth of the younger, and hearing him sing as they prepared themselves for the day. He really needed to clear his mind and talk to someone about this.

Tiredly Mark decided to wash up and go buy food since he can't cook and doesn't feel like talking with Donghyuck.

Donghyuck knew Mark would be leaving to go buy breakfast for himself since he had been doing that for the past two days. Even though he felt bad, he tried to have the least minimum contact he could with Mark.

Donghyuck changed and showered baby jun before leaving the toddler in the living room and watching a Disney movie so he could go prepare himself for the day. He went to his shared room with Mark and washed up. He changed into some comfortable clothes before cooking breakfast which he and baby jun ate together.

He was becoming worried as Mark still hadn't come home. It was then that he received a notification from his phone, but sad to see that it wasn't Mark.

Donghyuck's phone

From Kangmi: You and Mark must be at SM by 10 am for further instruction about your mission. A small meeting at the usual NCT meeting room and do not bring your child with you.

ps. You need to tell Mark.

Donghyuck frowned at the text message. A meeting? and without baby Jun. Something bad was gonna happen and he could feel it.

Knowing that Mark hadn't received the text message he took a screenshot and sent it to him, and hurried to eat his breakfast since he had to be at SM in 30 minutes.

Mark's phone

Contact: Fullsun

fullsun: (screenshot of the text message)

Me: ask Chanyeol to look after him and can you pick me up at the park?

fullsun: okay.

Mark sighed at Donghyuck's dry answer and finished his ice cream. He waited for a while before Chanyeol's car appeared. He sat on the front seat and was greeted by a smiling Chanyeol, who didn't know that the two were currently fighting.