Chapter 40: Markhyuck

Start from the beginning

"Hi Hyung!" Mark greeted him like nothing was troubling him, and this bothered Donghyuck a lot.

"Markus hyung!" Baby jun exclaimed. Mark turned around to see baby jun doing grabby hands because he wanted Mark to carry him.

Mark smiled at him. "baby jun stay with hyuck hyung unless you want a cop to stop uncle Chanyeol"

"baby jun don't want a cop to stop uncle Chanyeol"

Currently, they were in the meeting room waiting for Kangmi to arrive. Mark and Donghyuck were really tense and awkward sitting next to each other, which the others noticed, and as much as they wanted to ask they knew not to from personal experience.

"Hello everyone", Kangmi said monotonously. "I have good news, horrible news, and okay news, which ones do you want to hear first?" She asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

"horrible news" Renjun answered for all of them.

Donghyuck furrowed his eyebrows, something was wrong definitely off, and they could all feel it.

"Okay, here we go..." She breathed in and out and they all looked at her expectantly. "yeah I can't tell you guys yet, I'm going to wait to tell the whole NCT"

"then why...?"

"don't question it"

"on the other hand, my brother is coming back this week so I need Beomsoo, Jungha, Mingyu, Minho, and Minjae to be ready Friday morning because I will be picking them up. As for Daegal, she needs to be here at SM by Thursday morning because she had to go back to the dog shelter due to some issues"

"you won't have a mission for the next two weeks, and I will meet with each pair individually throughout the week to discuss some things", she said.

Donghyuck and Mark felt a pang on their chest. They had gotten used to having Baby Jun around. They had even forgotten that this was only to be a 3-month project. Plus the toddler was the reason they still had some kind of interaction.

"huh?" Yangyang murmured looking at his partners who were also taken aback. It seems like they all had grown accustomed to having the little children with them.

"I know I said you guys had three months to take care of them but the dog shelter wants Daegal back on Thursday morning, and my brother will obviously want his kids back"

"ok-ay then, I'm guessing the good news was not having a mission for two weeks?" Chenle asked and cursed at himself for stuttering on the first word.

"yup", she said, "and I said I will be meeting with each pair individually starting today with Yuta and Sicheng, so if you two can please follow me"

Donghyuck was sad and upset, but what could he do if baby jun needed to back to his dad. They were going to take baby jun away from him. The creature who gave him hope and the one who kept him company now that he is fighting with Mark.

"look guys everything will be fine! just enjoy your last few days with them", Sicheng said grabbing their attention. He gave them an encouraging smile. "don't be too sad about it" The Chinese said before exiting the room.

"yeah Sicheng Hyung is right", Mark said since his leader instincts were telling him to say something. "enjoy the days that you have left with them"

He also knew that with him and Donghyuck fighting they wouldn't be able to enjoy their last few days with baby jun, so he had to do something about it. They were the last ones to leave which meant that Mark could speak with Donghyuck alone.