Chapter 23

Picture of Aden.

_____________________________________________________

CHAPTER 23

The thoughts get worse at night.

And nightmare becomes my reality.

____________________________________________________

Kyle.

          “How the hell is she alive?!” I yell and say to Violet. Apparently, as soon as Faith left, I had to go and tell everything to Violet, leaving her thunderstruck.

          “This is crazy. We saw her dead body. I mean I saw it, because that time I was in jail, so they just took me to the hospital so show me her cold, dead body. I don’t understand. Maybe Faith is making a mistake,” Violet says softly but I could sense the nervousness in her voice.

          “Faith can read English. She clearly told me that Mary changed her identity after ‘faking’ her death,” I say furrowing my eyebrows.

          “Why would she do that?” Violet says frowning.

          “You talk as if I hold the answer to everything,” I say sarcastically. I know I sound rude but I am really frustrated at this point. Why would Mary fake her death?

          “I… I think we should go and meet her maybe,” Violet says after a moment of silence.         

          “Very legitimate idea Violet. If she wanted to be in contact with us even after she faked her death, she would have done that six years ago,” I say vulgarly.

          “But we have to find out what exactly happened that caused her to fake her death and live as a new being,” Violet says sadly.

          “I know she is your sister and you care for her, but we can’t ignore whatever she did to us. Just because of her greediness, today we are here. None of this would happen if she didn’t let her greed come in the way. No matter what, but she is the reason for our destruction,” I say crossly.

          Violet doesn’t say anything but keeps her gaze on the floor with her arms crossed on her chest. I know she was getting a rush of emotions through her min at this moment because she both loves and hates her sister at the same time. I still remember the way she used to cry every night in her room after she was freed from jail. It was obvious; after all, Mary was her only family.

          “I…I need to be alone for a while. I need to think everything over,” Violet says softly.

          “There’s nothing to think about Violet. There is only one reason why a person in Manhattan would fake their death and change identity,” I say strictly, making Violet look at me in shock.

          “You don’t think it’s because of him, do you?” Violet says nervously.

          “Unfortunately, yes I do,” I say positively. Of course, everyone wants to get away from him at one point, but no one is as genius as Mary to change their identity instead of leaving the country.

****

          It was 10pm now, and I decided to leave Violet alone for a while, therefore, came out for a walk as usual. The wind outside was really chilling, so I had to keep my hands tucked inside the pockets of my jacket. I was trying to find out an appropriate conclusion for her to change her identity and moreover, work as a maid in a detective’s house. All this just to hide from Dean? Why didn’t she consider leaving the country if she wanted get rid of Dean? There was more to what I think there might be.