Sᴀᴄᴄʜᴀʀɪɴᴇ ʟɪᴘs.

Start from the beginning

Where was Sawyer? Had he gone to work? Zoe couldn't think of anywhere else he could be if not with her. What if something bad happened while she was asleep? Sawyer wouldn't simply leave her alone for no good reason.

Wherever he was, it didn't matter. She was going to find him. She had an unbearable need to find him.

It could be because of her fear. Fear of him being gone once more.

She was determined to not make the same mistakes she did in the past now that she'd admitted her feelings once again for this man. She wasn't going to leave him alone in fear of him disappearing again. A fear which would sadly take a lot to be ripped out of her.

As she washed herself and her hands touched each and every scar adorning her body, her fear of him disappearing was replaced by the fear of him thinking she was ugly sooner or later. Zoe wasn't the only woman on earth. There were lots of beautiful girls out there with less baggage than her, less scars, less problems, less mental issues. Would this man, clearly out of her league, stay with her and think of her the same way years from now? It seemed quiet difficult. He could have anyone he wanted.

Her body shuddered and she tried so hard to fight the drive to fly out of here and run. Running was out of the question now. She'd made her decision and she had to face the outcome sooner or later. She didn't want to be a coward nor did she want to lose Sawyer because she was one.

Zoe dismissed the bitter thoughts. This was Sawyer we're talking about. He's not the type to form any sort of bond or relationship with someone temporary.

Even though she knew Sawyer would probably never leave her if he had the chance, her insecurities got the best of her. That sick poisonous voice which had been quieted down by their moans of pleasure, their merry laughs and their sighs of content, was now louder than ever before.

It was there to plant doubts on Zoe, telling her she didn't deserve the happiness she was feeling right now, telling her this wasn't going to last long. When has she ever been happy for long? It was telling her to run before she got hurt and broken beyond repair. That voice spilled the same damn things every time she found a reason to be happy and leave her guard down.

By the time Zoe was out of the shower and as she made her way to the walk in closet, that irksome voice had managed to list everything wrong with Zoe being in a serious, intimate relationship especially with Sawyer.

She ignored the voice. She knew she was going to face all sorts of hurdles along the way but she'd deemed Sawyer worthy and important enough for her to go through the pain waiting for her if it meant she'd end up with him.

Zoe was astonished to find clothes made for her here in Sawyer's closet among with her man's clothes. Pieces of garments she'd never seen before. Not that she ever rummaged through Sawyer's things before.

Had Sawyer bought these for her? How long had these been here?

Her throat clogged with a ball of sweet emotions as she run her hands through the fabric of a beautiful royal blue dress while glancing at the other pieces in disbelief. He'd thought of everything. Dresses, jeans, skirts, shirts, heels, jewleries, bags. Everything.

She now more than ever wanted to be close to the man who was guilty of doing weird things to her heart.

The voices were quiet once more. Somehow, Sawyer managed to shut them up even if he wasn't here.

Instead of wearing one of those pieces of clothing, she chose one of Sawyer's shirts. The thing was comfy, it fitted her nicely like a dress and most importantly: it smelled like him.

She rummaged around the drawers here, wondering if Sawyer had also shopped for undergarments and lingerie. She was pleased to find he indeed had. Not even that but her man had chosen quite a few sexy pieces she'd love to wear for him.