“Whatever, Namjoon. Your betrothed is in the salon, already waiting for your presence.” Shin-ae said, placing her hand in front of her abdomen, sticking her head up high and began walking.

Namjoon gave the servant an apologetic gaze who returned a thankful look before going inside the room to take care of Yoongi in Namjoon’s absence. Namjoon let out a deep sigh before following after his mother begrudgingly.

When Namjoon and his mother arrived at the salon, he saw his uncle and someone who had a veil over their face. Namjoon sniffed the air and smelled the familiar scent of his uncle and a faint scent of musk emitting from the veiled person. Namjoon assumed the veiled person to be his beta cousin.

“Namjoon, meet your soon to be bride, Kim Taehyung.” Namjoon’s uncle said, the beta stood and did a courtesy. Namjoon bowed and offered his hand to which Taehyung accepted.

The alpha kissed Taehyung’s hand and unveiled the latter. Namjoon’s breath hitched. There’s no way the person in front of him is just a mere beta. With a symmetrical facial structure, sun kissed complexion, blonde hair and piercing brown eyes that could enchant anyone; Namjoon couldn't help but to feel attraction.

“Beautiful isn’t he? He’s perfect for you Namjoon. He’s also the second heir for the household.” Shin-ae said.

“Thank you, my Luna.” Taehyung bowed, his deep voice surprising Namjoon.

“Brother, you have made an excellent wolf that will soon take over my position.” Shin-ae bluntly said.

“The honor is all mine, my dear sister. Now how about we discuss the marriage plans and leave them to get to know each other?” Namjoon’s uncle suggested, which earned a nod from Shin-ae who led him to her study.

Namjoon offered his arm to Taehyung who accepted it.

“Would you mind If I took you to the library, would you not?” Namjoon asked, slowly walking forwards to give Taehyung more time to ponder.

“I don’t mind Alpha. I hope I’m not much of a disturbance to you. I also hope you don’t find my appearance horrendous.” Taehyung said.

“What utter nonsense do you spout? You’re far from it. And please, call me Namjoon. I don’t like being called alpha by someone who’s not my mate.” The alpha said, not thinking about his words.

Taehyung let out a small wince, clutching unto Namjoon’s arm tighter, unconsciously. Namjoon realized his horrible wording and almost slapped himself if it weren’t for Taehyung holding unto him.

“I apologize my future Luna. I didn’t mean to sound rude and cause you displeasure.” Namjoon shook his head.

“No, not at all, my Alpha-er, Namjoon.” Taehyung assured, face remaining blank. “Say, do you perhaps have a secret lover? Or a love interest?”

Namjoon flushed lightly.

“I do not. I’m more keen on taking care of my brother and trying to fix the unjust government of other nobles. I wish to help my people first before worrying about love and be stuck in a relationship the world wouldn’t approve of. That is why I left mother in charge of looking a bride for me.” Namjoon said, missing out the part he was fond of the idea of pups, not caring whoever his partner is. “How about you Taehyung? Surely a beauty of yours attracted suitors from far off lands.”

Taehyung was the one who flushed this time.

“I do have many suitors but they were soon dismissed by their parents when they knew I was a beta. However, I do have one love interest. But our love isn’t going to happen. My love would continue to bloom for him, however he wouldn’t notice it- Oh! I’m sorry, I really shouldn’t be talking about another in front of my future mate.”

“Hey, it’s fine. Say, even if we’re mated soon, I’ll let you be with your love. And what kind of man ignore your love for them? Are they blind? How could they not see how lucky they are to be loved by you-“

“They don’t know of my existence.” Taehyung cuts off, a bit bashful from Namjoon’s compliments.

“Taehyung, you’re the second heir to the noble house of the Kims. We’re the second most important family in the kingdom after the royal family. How can one not know about you?”

Taehyung shifted his gaze to the floor, a bit uncomfortable which Namjoon noticed. The alpha released calming pheromones to ease the beta even a bit.

“Okay, I wouldn’t press you about it.” Namjoon reassured, taking one of Taehyung’s hands that rested on his arm and kissed it.

“You’re such a great alpha. Any wolf who’ll be loved by you is truly lucky.” Taehyung smiled.

“Don’t worry, I’ll soon learn to love you. That is if you wish to?”

“I’ll be honored to.”