25

❥︎❥︎

I thanked my professor one more time before I left their department. I have no classes for the day and just stopped by the university to pass our project. I stayed up all night for it since I also couldn't sleep because of the thought of Yuta. For the first time, I was up for another guy instead of Taeyong.

I'm thinking of staying a bit to maybe have lunch together with Yuta since I think he has rehearsals today. He must be on the field. I fished for my phone to send him a message to inform him that I'm around.

Thinking that I saw something familiar from my peripheral, I shot my head up and turned towards it. There he is, and he seemed to be with Johnny.

I called them once but they didn't seem to hear me since they were talking to one another. I decided to just jog my way towards them so I can catch up with their pace but once I got into earshot, I also stopped.

"Bro, are you for real? That's bad." Johnny says and the tone of his voice was enough to make feel something within. Johnny's never this serious. Did something happen?

I was ought to walk towards them and ask but Yuta's words completely stopped everything.

"I know but what can I do? Taeyong fucked up and it was the only thing I can do. I had to tell her that it was me. That's a lot less complicated." Yuta replies and his voice is just as serious as Johnny's.

"You mean TY..."

"Yeah, he does." Yuta answers Johnny's incomplete question, not knowing I was just a few steps away from them.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Johnny says.

"It's fine, she wouldn't know." My heart clenched and sunk into my stomach when I heard Yuta said that. "She shouldn't."

He lied?

"Funny, I just did." They both jumped from their spots as they turn to my direction, both surprised and somewhat nervous to see me.

"Aoki? I thought you're-"

Yuta held Johnny's arm, cutting him off as he sees how I'm staring at him, feeling somewhat betrayed with what I just heard. This is why eavesdropping is not good, but I think it's good that I found out.

"It's not like that, okay? Whatever you're thinking it's not like it."

"Then, what is it?" I questioned him. "Should I even trust you?" I laughed bitterly and I actually feel like tearing up right now but I'm not in the mood to cry.

"Aoki..." He calls my name as if he's expecting that it'll soothe me right now.

"What is it?" I asked one more time, trying to fight the trembling of my voice. I looked up to Johnny who looked so guilty yet neither of them looks like they're gonna tell me.

"I thought we were friends?" I can't believe I'm gonna say that but I feel hurt and betrayed for some reason.

"Aoki, I-"

"Don't touch me, please." I raised both of my hands when Johnny came forward and tried to touch my arm. I'm staying as calm as I can and I want to talk things through right now.

"I heard what you were saying to Johnny. What was it again?" I turned to Yuta again and he's not even looking at me. He's massaging the bridge of his nose, seemingly stressed of what's happening as if he really wasn't expecting it.

"Yuta-"

"You shouldn't have heard that."

"But I did. So now, tell me."