55

Author's Note.

With bipolar disorder people can experience mixed episodes, where they will be having a depressive or a manic episode but they will also experience symptoms of the other. This is called Mixed Features-. Anyone with bipolar can experience an episode with mixed features however I found research that suggested that people who suffer from depression from an early age, like Nova, are more likely to suffer from mixed episodes. 

The most serious and common risk of mixed features during a manic or depressive episode is suicide. 

So I wanted to portray that, so trigger warning, but only to the extent of thoughts and mention.

November's POV

It wasn't long before I found Sage's classroom and was waving to her through the window.

She just looked concerned.

And I just shrugged, knocking on the door.

"Miss Squire?" The teacher says and I cringe at the use of my last name.

"It's November sir." I say and smile. "May I borrow Sage? She has all my belongings." I say and he just waves his hand for her to leave quickly.

"Nova I was in lesson." She laughs slightly as I wait for her impatiently outside the door.

"They know I am a lil mental, and they said I could just be until Monday and then I will let them help me."

She cocks her head at me, her blonde hair catching the sunlight.

"Nova?"

"Mm?"

"You're teary?" She says and I freeze and rub my eyes.

"Sorry I am just excited. I need my phone and my money."

"I am not allowed to give you money Nova, we have been down this path before."

"Money or I steal Sage." I snap and then curse.

"I am sorry, I am just going to buy some stuff."

"Yeah I know, that is the problem." Sage says and I just sigh but follow her as she walks away from her class.

Where is she going?

"I just need my card, the money from my dad would have been put on there by now."

"You still think it's your dad?"

"Yes."

Why don't they believe me?

I just know it is.

"I just think its someone who really appreciates your style Nove, those pieces you sent them were so good."

"A compliment in form of a head fuck." I say and my body freezes when I see Cole and Linc walking round the corner.

Why are they out of class?

Am I supposed to talk to them?

Can I ask him for money?

Why does he look so good?

"I will just ask Cole for money." I say and grin.

"Cole!" I call out for him and begin to skip towards him when Sage grabs my wrist and pulls me back to her.

"Okay okay, take your card and your phone. You said you don't want Cole to know, that you don't wanna do anything with him whilst you are like this." Sage says and whilst she says this Cole turns around me meets my eyes and his eyes rake me up and down.