9

Cole's point of view.

"Hey you." I send a small grin to November as I take a seat at her counter.

Have I come here Friday, Saturday and now Sunday? Yeah. 

I know... But I am just trying to make her my friend. That is all.

It's chill.

I had an argument with my friend Ivy earlier, she was being slightly reckless with her mental health and it's been stressing me out because I am here and she's miles away and like how do you help someone miles away?

I couldn't sleep.

So I am here, in the middle of the night, again. Smiling sheepishly at November's almost annoyed face.

"Cole." She says and I am a mess because I really like the way she says my name.

"Hey."

"Three nights on the trot?"

"I like your company." I say and she frowns a little to herself.

Her hair was up in a ponytail and the apron tied round her waist. Yesterday she had pretty much ignored my company all night because it was a Saturday and it was quite busy.

But I watched her, and she would occasionally send me a small smile.

She was so distant, guarded.

But sometimes she'd look at me and she would look amused, almost happy and I would forever come back for that I don't care if the only time she can see me is when she's working and she has pretty much no choice to.

"It's quiet tonight." I say and she nods groaning.

"I have been so bored."

"See, you like that I come." I say and her lips tug upwards. Her natural lips are such an unnaturally dark pink colour, it contrasts with her porcelain skin and light eyes. I honestly don't understand how I never saw her at school before.

"Maybe only today." She says and I grin.

"Coffee?" Nova asks and I nod placing some money on the counter.

"My dear Nova?" I say and she raises and eyebrow at my propositional tone.

"Oh god what."

"You know how I broke my phone?"

"Mm?" She asks pouring me some coffee absentmindedly.

"Well I lost all my numbers, so like can I get your number back?" I say and grin. I thought about this on the way over.

Was a pretty good idea, even if I say so myself.

"Cole you never had my number." She chuckles at me and I cock my head at her.

"Well damn, I thought I did."

"Sure you did." She muses and shakes her head at me.

"Well now I'm confused and being confused feels like shit, anyway, can I get your number to cheer me up?" I say leaning back and watching her intently.

She groans in annoyance and I love it.

"Nope."

"But."

"We aren't sleeping together again, we aren't being friends." She lays out for me and I widen my eyes at her joking.

"I just wanted your number, jeez do you just see me as a piece of meat?"

"Cole." She huffs and I grin.

"Wow now you really need to give me your number, you just offended me."