Twenty-one

Dasani

"Don't worry baby, I got you." I told Kianna. I was trying my hardest not to sound nervous. Kianna just told me how she was the one that killed her dad. Her uncle was sitting in my back seat, holding a gun to my head, ready to kill me. Danny was livid, but laughed quietly to himself. "When do you think you'll be home?" She asked. I started crying. I didn't even know if I was going to make it out of this situation. I pulled myself together as much as I could. "Later on tonight babe, I gotta handle some shit."

"Hang up." Danny mouthed. "Babe I gotta go, later." I hung up. I looked at him through the rear view mirror. He smiled that trademark Daniels family smile. "Do you want to die Dasani?" He asked. I shook my head.  "Good, so you'll listen to everything I say." He growled. I didn't say anything. I just sat and watched his every move. "You'll continue to act as if everything is normal, make sure she shows up to court because we'll be there too." He began. I started shaking my head as tears started to fall. Danny grabbed my throat, and started whispering in my ear.

"You'll do what I say. Kianna is a traitor, and we can't have that in this family. She has to die and you're going to be the one to make sure she does." He said. I couldn't do anything but cry harder. "Aren't you tired Dasani?" Danny asked. I looked at him through the mirror with a puzzled look. "Aren't you tired of always having to clean up Kianna's messes?" My brain knew he was right, but my heart wouldn't let me admit it. I am tired of putting myself in harms way for her. I almost died because of Kianna. Twice! But — that's what you do for the one you love. Isn't it? Well, isn't it? I slowly nodded. Danny smiled again.

"If you do what I say, you'll be free when the job is done." He said. "Bullshit." I replied. He put his right hand up. "I swear to God. I don't have any use for you after this, so you'll be free as a bird baby." Danny  retorted. "Okay, I'll do it." I told him. Danny licked his lips, then kissed my cheek. "Excellent. Stay in touch." He said before exiting my car. I sat there for at least an hour or two just thinking. These past few years have been hell, and this whole time I thought that's what you had to go through for love. I love Kianna. I swear I do. I would do anything to protect her. I have done anything to protect her! I just sat and thought about all the bullshit. All the bullets I took, the bodies, the bitches, money, disrespect, lies, drugs, and rage. I thought about it all until it made me crazy. I want blood. I want revenge. I want Kianna gone.