Three

Dasani

It's been months and I still feel bad about making the doctors tell Kianna I died in surgery. I know she can't function without me and watching her spiral downward, killed me. I attended my own funeral. Sat way in the back. Kianna outdid herself. That shit was so beautiful. My closed casket covered in flowers. Lovely. Watching her break down as they lowered the empty casket into the ground, broke my heart. I miss her so much and I know she needs me. I just can't go back. Fucking with her almost got me killed, twice.

I still live in Houston. I know, I know. Dasani what the fuck are you thinking? I gotta keep an eye on my baby. At least until her trial is over. I get the urge to go home every day. That is until I look at the scar on my neck. It isn't huge but it still reminded me of that night. Still the fact remained, I miss her more than I thought I would. What's Dasani without Kianna? Exactly. Nothing. When Kianna killed Sneaky and got busted, I immediately called Carisma. One thing I always knew about him is that he didn't play about his daughter. I asked him to meet me in person and he did. Carisma was tall with smooth, chocolatey skin, blinding white teeth and the deepest dimples. He met me at the hotel I was staying in. That man was gorgeous and had a smile so familiar. Kianna's smile.

I told him everything from beginning to end, even me cheating on her with Dame. Carisma sat there in a stunned silence for a while. So long, I was starting to get a little nervous. "When we met a few years ago, what did I tell you?" He finally spoke. I cleared my throat, "that you didn't play about your daughter, and that you didn't care how pretty I am. If I hurt her you would kill me." He lightly clapped his hands. "Good girl." He replied. I smiled nervously. "So you're gonna kill me Mr. Daniels?" I asked. He shook his head. "Not exactly, I'm just gonna put you to work." "Put me to work? What does that mean?" I asked. Carisma smiled. That's when I got really nervous because that was the same smile Kianna had when she was about to do some grimy shit.

"Dasani, who knows you're alive?" He asked. "Nobody but you." I answered. "Perfect. So your job assignment is continuing to keep an eye on my daughter, amongst other things. The first time I call you and you don't answer you'll be dead for real. Understood?" I frightfully nodded. This was Kianna's daddy. If that bitch is as ruthless as she is, I don't want to find out what this nigga is capable of. "You have to let her know you're still alive. My daughter is really fucked up without you." He said. I knew that because I was fucked up without her. "Can I do that part on my own time Mr. Daniels?" I asked. Carisma nodded, "but don't take forever. And call me Carisma baby." He took my number then he left.

How was I supposed to go about letting Kianna know I wasn't dead? She'll probably put a bullet in my head next. And on top of that, I work for her dad now? I hope he wasn't about to have me doing a whole bunch of bullshit. Then again, he is a Daniels, bullshit just happens to follow them.