Chapter 2: enough is enough

Everyone filed into the Great Hall to eat lunch. Emma sat down at the table with the other Hufflepuffs. Then, by luck, Draco sat right behind her at the Slytherin table.

"You've got to be kidding me. He could sit ANYWHERE and he chooses to sit behind me. Hopefully he won't notice me"

Suddenly, Emma felt a splash of liquid on her head. She cringed as she felt the cold substance run down her head and back. She turned around to see that Malfoy had dumped his pumpkin juice on her.

"Ok, he noticed me"

Emma had put up with his bullying for years. For some reason this was the moment she snapped. Emma watched as he and his friends laughed. Without saying a word to him, she picked up the mashed potatoes on her plate and threw them right at him. His laughter quickly stopped.

He was so in shock at what had just happened that he couldn't even find the words to express it.

"W- did you jus- I-" he stuttered.

"See how it feels?" Emma said as she sat back down.

"Wow. I've gotta say I did not expect that", he said, wiping away the potatoes. 

"It was long overdue", Emma turned around to say.

"I'm impressed, Northstar", then before turning back around, he said, "but you're going to pay for that"

"What have I done?"

His threat rang in her ears.

Draco Malfoy was the type to throw around threats but not the type to actually go through with his threats. But that's mostly because he's always threatening Harry Potter and Harry could definitely take on Draco, and Draco knows that.

"But me? There's no way I could be intimidating to Draco at all. There is nothing stopping him from actually going through with his threat towards me"

"Emma? Is that you?" Emma heard next to her.

"Huh?" She snapped back to reality.

"Who are you and what have you done with Emma? Because the Emma I know would never start a fight with Draco Malfoy. Or anyone for that matter", Emma turned to see her friend and roommate, Cassie.

"Oh. I- I don't know what came over me", she said.

"You just humiliated Draco Malfoy!" She said with a huge smile on her face.

"Yeah, and now I'm probably going to die because of it", Emma put her head in her hands.

"Yeah... it did kinda sound like he's looking for revenge", her smile faded, "a duel against the top Slytherin would not go too well. No offense, but there's no way you would win if pitted against him".

"Thanks", Emma narrowed her eyes at Cassie.

"But I'll be here if he tries to hurt you", Cassie put her hand on Emma's arm.

Emma sighed, "Let's hope it doesn't come to that".