chapter 19

*Finn and Rachel left the hospital the next afternoon with Chris and Amelia. On the way home, Rachel sat in the back with the two newborns while Finn drives back to his mother's house. Both babies are screaming.*

Rachel: Finn! I don't know what to do! Why won't they stop crying? *panicking*
Finn: *looks in the rear view mirror* I don't know! I don't speak baby language... Are they hungry, dirty diapers, I don't know?
Rachel: How far are we from your parent's house? Maybe Carole can help us out a little.
Finn: Uh, maybe five minutes.
Rachel: Just hurry... *shh-ing the babies*

*They arrive back home and are greeted by Kurt, Carole, Burt, and Blaine.*
Finn: *holding both babies in their carriers* Hey! We're back...
Rachel: Just go set them down. I'll go see if they're hungry.
Finn: Alright. *goes and sets the carriers down on the couch*
Carole: Oh, Finn. They're precious! My first grandbabies!
Finn: Yeah, they're perfect. We just can't get them to stop crying. *runs his hand through his hair and gets Chris while Carole picks up Lea*
Carole: Well, *sticks her finger in Lea's mouth and she starts sucking on it* it looks like she's hungry.
Finn: Wha- how can you tell?
Carole: She's sucking on my finger... it's not that hard to figure out Finn.
Finn: Mom, I haven't slept in almost 30 hours. Can you cut me some slack?
Carole: Yeah, I'm sorry baby. I forgot how hard it is being a first time parent.
Finn: Yeah, it's not that easy. I'll go get Rach.
Rachel: No need... *holding a towel* So who's first?
Finn: I'd do Chris... he's been crying longer.
Rachel: Yeah, ok. Come here baby. *takes Chris from Finn and starts feeding him. He latches on instantly and stops crying*
Finn: Looks like he likes your boobs almost as much as I do. That's my boy.
Rachel: Finn! Your mother is right there!
Finn: Oh, sorry Mom.
Carole: Yeah, yeah... Save your sexy talk with your wife for when I'm not around.
Finn: *blushes* It's not going to help if I say sorry again is it?
Carole: Probably not, honey. But can you take Amelia? I'm going to go start making dinner.
Finn: Yeah. Come see Daddy! You're such a pretty girl, aren't you?
Amelia: *still crying*
Finn: Shhh... It's ok. Daddy's here! You don't need to cry. Just don't let your brother suck Mommy dry.
Rachel: *laughs* Don't worry... Mommy's got enough to go around. Here, take him.
Finn: I'll switch with you. *Gives Lea to Rachel and takes Chris*
Rachel: He needs to be burped.
Finn: Ew! No, that's nasty... You do it!
Rachel: I'm a little busy if you haven't noticed yet. *hinting to the baby she was feeding*
Finn: Do I have to? I don't even know what to do!
Rachel: Just get his towel from the bag and put him on your shoulder. Then pat his back, it's not that hard.
Finn: But he's going to puke on my back! That's sick, Rach.
Rachel: Well, you're going to have to do it sometime, and sooner rather than later right?
Finn: Ugh... Fine. *gets the towel* Do I have to?
Rachel: Yes... You have to.
Finn: *looks at Chris* Go easy on me, little man. Daddy's not to big on the spit up...