chapter 6

*It's been a few months. Rachel is 4 months pregnant and surprisingly very large. She's still working, but not on a show. Finn's doing good running his own business. It's been very successful. Rachel and Finn called his mom and told him the good news right after their doctor's appointment. Quinn has been helping Rachel through it. Telling her things to make it easier on her. Finn is walking home from work now.*

*Finn's POV* I got a call from Rach this afternoon. She told me to go by the grocery store and pick up some pickles and yogurt... Her appetite has been all over the place these last few months. I mean, I knew that this was going to happen. The doctor said so, but she's been craving some pretty bizarre things. Anyway, that's where I'm going now. I'm a little worried about her. She's doing great with the pregnancy, but she's just so BIG. Maybe it just looks that way. She's so small, so maybe the baby just looks big. I don't know. I can't help but think that there might be twins. The doctor would have caught that by now though, right? She's four months... We've been to the doctor like three times. Ok, well there's not anythi--

?: Finn?
Finn: *turns to look* Lauren? Hey!
Lauren: Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! How are you? *goes to hug his neck*
Finn: Doing well! You?
Lauren: Fantastic! Wanna go grab some coffee and catch up?
Finn: I wish I could... But I've got to go to the grocery store and get home.

*Finn's POV* I see something in her eyes fall. Jeez, why are you so nice Finn?*

Finn: But, you're welcome to come and eat dinner with Rachel and me. If you want to, of course.
Lauren: No, I don't want to intrude.
Finn: No! Not at all... I've just got to get a few things. Pickles and some yogurt.
Lauren: *smiles* That's a little random don't you think?
Finn: Yeah, a bit. I don't know if you know... Rachel's pregnant!
Lauren: *stops walking* Finn! Why didn't you tell me! That's so great!
Finn: Ha, yeah! We're really excited. I'm sorry I didn't call and tell you.
Lauren: Don't feel bad... I was actually in Europe for a few months, so I wouldn't have gotten your call anyway.
Finn: I was wondering... We sent an invitation to the wedding, but you didn't respond.
Lauren: Yeah, I've been gone for a while. I actually just got back last week.
Finn: How was it? Was it amazing?
Lauren: You don't even know... I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Finn: That's amazing! I want to hear more about it at dinner!
Lauren: Well, I'm really excited! This is my first time meeting Rachel!
Finn: No way! I thought you guys have met before.
Lauren: Nope... I finally get to meet your girlfriend!
Finn: Wife, now... actually.
Lauren: Yeah, sorry. I'm really sorry that I didn't tell you.
Finn: No, that's fine. So did you go alone, or with family, or what?
Lauren: I actually went with my boyfriend, Matt.
Finn: Ooh, since when do you have a boyfriend?
Lauren: Since Puck forced me to go on a date with him last November.
Finn: That must be a habit of his... But I'm happy for you! So that's... *counts on his fingers* 5 months, you've been going out?
Lauren: Yeah... You'll have to meet him. I think he works with Puck.
Finn: Cool... *They get to the grocery store* Hey can you go grab some pickles while I get the yogurt?
Lauren: Yeah. I'll meet you up front.
Finn: Thanks. *smiles and goes off*

*They meet back up at the front of the store*
Finn: Got it?
Lauren: Yep! You?
Finn: *holds up the yogurt*
Lauren: Awesome, let's go!
*Finn pays and they're walking back to his apartment*

Lauren: I'm a little nervous.
Finn: What? Why? Are you afraid that my house is going to be as messy as it used to be?
Lauren: No... I was expecting that. *laughs*
Finn: Shut up. *nudges her arm* What is it?
Lauren: I don't know... I'm just afraid that Rachel won't like me.
Finn: You're kidding me right? What's not to like?
Lauren: Shut up... *shoves him*
Finn: No, I'm just saying that you're great. And Rach isn't like that. She's great, and she'll love you.

*They get to the apartment and are standing outside the door.*
Finn: Ok, before we go in, I just want to warn you. Rachel's very hormonal right now. She's 4 months and huge, so don't say anything about that because she feels like you're calling her fat. And, uh... just think before you say anything. I don't know how she's going to be, I came in yesterday and she was crying for no reason. And last week she was furious at me because I didn't text her back at lunch. So, just a heads up.
Lauren: Thanks. I'm scared.
Finn: Nah! It's fine... Just be careful.
Lauren: Got it!

*They go in*
Finn: Hey babe! I'm home!