chapter 5

*5 days later*

*Rachel's POV* I called the doctor yesterday and got an appointment today. Finn's getting off of work at noon because we have to be there by 1. The morning sickness hasn't let up. If anything, it's gotten worse. I feel awful! But Finn's been really supportive and helpful, so that's great. He seems to be really excited about it all. I mean, I thought he would be furious, but he's really happy. Well, I better get going. I have to pick Finn up in about ten minutes.

*A little while later.... Rachel gets Finn and they're on their way to the doctor's office.*
Finn: Are you nervous?
Rachel: Maybe a little. We aren't going to find anything out today though. Just how far I am...
Finn: You don't know how excited I am, Rach... This is amazing! *smiling big*
Rachel: Yeah, I do... because you say it all the time.
Finn: Well.... I just can't help it!
Rachel: Why are you so excited? It's a little weird.
Finn: What? You're not?
Rachel: No, don't get me wrong... I'm excited, but that's all you talk about.
Finn: I know... I'm just anxious about everything. I love you, and I'm going to love this baby...
Rachel: I love you too, but what are you anxious about?
Finn: *pulls the car over* You... I'm worried about you, Rachel.
Rachel: Why? There's nothing to be afraid of... I'll be fine!
Finn: I'm so confused... I'm worried and excited. It's just a lot to take in. I mean, we're so young. I'm 22. My mom was 32 when I was born. We're just unexperienced, I guess. I'm just afraid that I'm going to be a bad father.
Rachel: No... Don't even say that. You're going to be a great father.
Finn: I'll try. But I have nothing to go on... I mean, my dad wasn't around. I don't know what to do! *puts head in hands*
Rachel: I don't either... It's going to be fine! Don't worry. I didn't have a mom or a dad, so you're not alone. I mean, we babysat, and those kids lived through it.... We'll do fine.
Finn: Thank you.
Rachel: For what?
Finn: For knowing what to say all of the time...
Rachel: My pleasure. *smiles and kisses him* But we need to go if we're planning to be there on time.
Finn: *perks up* Oh, yeah! Sorry, I totally forgot.
Rachel: Yeah... let's go!

*At the doctor's*
Nurse: Uhm... Mr. and Mrs. Hudson?
Rachel: Yeah, that's us.
Nurse: You can come on back. The doctor should be with you shortly.
Finn: Thanks.
Nurse: No problem. *smiles and walks away*
Finn: So are you excited?
Rachel: You have no idea... *smiles*
Doctor: *walks in the room* Hi, Mrs. Hudson... *smiles* I'm Dr. Martin. It's nice to meet you. And you must be Mr. Hudson. *shakes Finn's hand*
Finn: Pleasure.
Doctor: So congratulations! I know that you're both very excited.
Rachel: Very much so! We can't wait.
Doctor: Well I'm glad to hear it. Obviously, you aren't that far along... I'd say maybe six or eight weeks at most. So I'm just going to discuss with you the "pregnancy rules" so to say...
Rachel: Ok...

*Finn and Rachel sit and listen to everything he say then go home*