chapter 1

*Finn and Rachel have been married for a few months. Everything's gone fine. They went on a trip after the wedding to Paris and had an amazing time. Now, they're living in New York with Quinn and Puck still down the hall... Rachel is still on Broadway, but doing only local shows and Finn is out of school and working in a small shop down the street from Rachel's work. They're still as in love as ever. It's a Friday afternoon and Finn has some big news to tell Rachel, so he planned a dinner for the two of them.*

Finn: So are you ready to go?
Rachel: Yeah, just let me get my shoes on.
Finn: Ok, I'll be in the car.
Rachel: Right behind you!

*At dinner, they order their food and talk about normal stuff... They eat.*
Finn: I'm going to run to the restroom, I'll be back in a minute.
Rachel: Ok, that's fine.
*Finn's phone buzzes, text reads "Hey! Can't wait til Monday! So excited:)*

*Rachel's POV* Hmm? Ok, well I guess I better see who it is... Mary? Who's that?... and what's on Monday?.... Oh, my god. He's cheating on me. Yeah, so this was the big news? He's such a jerk! I knew something was going on. I just can't believe that he's been lying to me. You know what? I don't need this, or him. I'm leaving... and to hell with him. I'm done.

*Finn's POV* I get back to the table and see that Rachel is gone. She probably just went to the bathroom, so I'll just sit and wait for her. I pick up my phone and see that I have two new messages. One from my assistant, Mary, and one from Rach... Mary and I are opening our own business on Monday, and that's what I was going to tell Rachel. I'm so excited to branch off! That's why I took her to dinner tonight. And Rach's... That's when I get confused. It says, "I HATE YOU! I'M DONE WITH THIS.." And she sent it 2 minutes ago? What did I do? I wasn't even at the table... Oh god... She saw Mary's text... She thinks I'm cheating. Mary's 40, she's married, and she's my assistant. God, I have to go find Rach... Shit, I have to pay first.

*Finn pays and goes to call Quinn*
Quinn: Hey Finn...
Finn: Is she there with you?
Quinn: Yeah, but she doesn't want to talk to you.
Finn: I know... But you've gotta believe me. I didn't cheat.
Quinn: Wait, she told you what she saw?
Finn: No, I know her though.
Quinn: She's furious. She has all of her stuff over here...
Finn: Jesus, Rachel! Ughhh.... Mary is my assistant. She's freakin' 40 years old... I'm starting a new business, that's what's on Monday!
Quinn: Well I'd get here if I were you and tell that to Rachel before she does anything stupid.
Finn: I'm on my way.