chapter 9

*Finn's POV, that night in bed* I can't believe she's accused me of so many things. I mean, it's been cheating, and I don't love her, and just stupid things... I know that she's pregnant and that she has hormones, but I really haven't done anything wrong. It just kind of pisses me off when I do so much to try and make her happy, then I get home and it's something else about how 'I'm not a good husband' or 'why don't you just go off and be with Lauren'... Hasn't she figured it out that I'm not going to leave her?

*Rachel and Finn wake up and they're in the kitchen*
Rachel: Morning, honey.
Finn: *zoned out a bit* Wha-- Yeah, you too.
Rachel: So what do you want for breakfast?
Finn: I don't know. I have to go to work soon, so I guess I'll just eat some cereal.
Rachel: Babe, it's Saturday... You don't have to go to work today.
Finn: What? Oh, god.. I forgot it's the weekend.
Rachel: I'll cook anything you want... It'll be my "Sorry I Didn't Trust You" breakfast. *smiles*
Finn: You know... I was thinking. A relationship is about trust.
Rachel: And love.
Finn: Yeah, that too. But sometimes it's not enough.
Rachel: What are you saying? Do you not love me?
Finn: Of course I love you, but I don't think that you trust me. I mean, everyday when I come home from work, it's something different. Like, you say that I don't love you, or how I'm never home for you when you need me.
Rachel: Finn, I do trust you. It's my hormones. They're going crazy because I'm farther along in my pregnancy and I'm sorry.
Finn: I just... I try to do so much for you, and that still doesn't make you happy. I'm just trying to figure it out to where you'll believe me when I tell you the truth. It's not like I've lied to you before.
Rachel: I am happy, and I do trust you. I just can't control my moods. I was pissed last night because you weren't home and I was tired. So I'm sorry. Please forgive me..
Finn: I'm just tired of you accusing me of stupid stuff, Rach. I mean, do you honestly think that I would cheat on you. After everything that we've been through? After I tried my best to get you back?
Rachel: No, I don't... It's just... What am I supposed to think when you're an hour and a half late?
Finn: Uhm, I don't know! Maybe what I told you I was doing?
Rachel: I'm sorry...
Finn: I don't know.. maybe that's not enough this time. *Gets up from the table* I'm going to go take a walk. I'll be back later.
Rachel: Finn! *starting to tear up* Please... Don't go.
Finn: *walking out the door* I just need some air. I'll be back. *leaves*

*Finn takes a walk around for a while, then comes back to the apartment. He's looking around for Rachel and finds her in their bedroom crying*
Rachel: *notices him* Finn! Oh my god... Ok, listen. I screwed up, and I'm so sorry.. *still crying* But you have to know that I love you more than anything in the world, and that I trust you. I'm sorry that I didn't believe you and I'll do whatever it takes to make it up to you. Ple--Please forgive me.

*Finn's POV* Jesus... what else can I do? I'm still mad at her, but I can't stand to see her like this. It's not good for her or the baby. Fine... what the heck.

Finn: *takes her in his arms* I forgive you... I'm sorry. I overreacted.
Rachel: No, I did. I love you.
Finn: I love you too.
Rachel: *whispers* Thank you.
Finn: *kisses the top of her head* So what about that breakfast?