chapter 12

*That night when they get home from dinner.*

Rachel: I'm going to go lie down. You're coming in there in a minute right? I want to talk to you.
Finn: Yeah, of course. I just have to go lock the doors and cut out the lights then I'll be in there.
Rachel: Ok.

*Rachel goes back to the bedroom and changes. When she comes out of the bathroom, Finn's sitting on the bed.*
Finn: Is everything alright, honey?
Rachel: Well... I don't know. *lies down next to him and he takes her in his arms*
Finn: Baby, what's wrong? You can tell me anything.
Rachel: I'm sad..
Finn: Sad? About what?
Rachel: Finn, we're about to have children... My parents aren't going to see them. My mom's not going to be there with me, or calling on the phone to talk about visiting. My dad's not going to take our little boy to see baseball games. They're never going to meet. Finn... I'm not ever going to see them again.
Finn: Listen to me.. *turns her head so she's facing him* These babies are going to have so many people to love them. You, me, Kurt and Blaine, My mom, Burt, Quinn, Puck... Heck, Santana will probably come here all the way from St. Louis just to see them! They're going to be the most spoiled people on planet Earth.... *kisses her* And as for you, all of their love for the babies can't even compare to my love for you.
Rachel: *turns all the way around* I love you too. *kisses him*
Finn: *deepens the kiss*
Rachel: *Pulls away suddenly* Finn!
Finn: Oh, God. Is something wrong? Are they coming? *gets up to grab their hospital bag* Come on.. I'm taking you to the hospital! Does it hurt?
Rachel: Calm down! No, the babies aren't coming. I still have like 10 more weeks.
Finn: Then what's wrong?
Rachel: One of them is hiccuping!
Finn: What?
Rachel: Yea-- Oh, now they're kicking! *pulls up her shirt so they can see her belly*
Finn: Oh my gosh... they're kicking hard! You can see it!
Rachel: Ha, this is amazing!
Finn: *kisses her stomach* Hey kiddo's! It's daddy... Calm down a bit! Your mommy needs some sleep...
*They both fall asleep after talking for a while longer*

*Next morning*
Finn: Morning babe! *kisses her cheek*
Rachel: Good morning. *smiles*
Finn: There's something that I forgot to tell you last night! I have a surprise.
Rachel: Really? For me? *batting her eyelashes*
Finn: No, it's for Puck, actually.
Rachel: Oh! Sorry...
Finn: Are you serious? Do you really think it's for him? *smiles*
Rachel: Wait, it is for me?
Finn: Well, duh!
Rachel: What is it? Tell me, tell me, tell me!
Finn: Well, I got us plane tickets to... Lima! So we can go see my parents and our friends..
Rachel: No way! *hugs his neck* When are we going?
Finn: Uhm, *looks at the paper* In 8 weeks!
Rachel: Perfect! That'll give us some time to let everyone know.
Finn: Good. I'm glad you like it. *smiles*
Rachel: *kisses him* Thank you.