That One Night

Note: This is non-fiction and this incident happened with me when I went on vacation with my family few days back. This isn't on Rajveer-Naina, but on me. Here I am, sharing a piece of my personal life. Each and every part of this is absolutely true.

Enjoy!❤️

-_-_-_-_-_-

It was 10pm by the time we reached our destination. I got out as soon as my dad parked the car in the driveway. Pulling up my purse on my shoulder, I looked around my surroundings.

"This is beautiful"

I whispered to my sister as I looked at the forest everywhere around me. It has always been my dream to live in a forest and experience what it's like...and after this one night, I don't desire this any longer.

"Can you take my picture? I wanna post it on instagram"

I asked my sister

She rolled her eyes at me and we started walking towards the forest, which was 2 minutes away from the house we rented.

"Where are you guys going?"

My dad's voice stopped us in our tracks.

"I just wanna take 1 picture, papa. I promise it'll be quick"

I turned around and explained it to my father.

He stared at me.

"It's 10pm, Ayesha. You guys get inside the house now and this photography can be done tomorrow morning"

Instructing us, he gestured us to get inside. Obeying him, we went inside the house.

I really wanted a picture at night in the forest so I could post it on instagram with the caption 'jungle hai adhi raat hai, lagne laga hai darr". but unfortunately, that didn't happen.

We got inside the house.  I looked around the house. It was very beautiful. My mom told us to pick our rooms and get changed and come downstairs for dinner while she would get the dinner ready.

With my sister, I looked at the entire house and decided to pick the room that was in the very corner of the house. The reason I picked that room was because of it's big windows. I always had a love for a room who's windows slides open. This room was a perfect definition of that.

I got inside the room, started putting my stuff away. Grabbing a t-shirt, comfy pajamas and my towel, I got inside the washroom. After removing my makeup, I got in the bathtub for a hot shower.

I stood under the water and let the water run over me, wiping away all of my tiredness. Every time I closed my eyes, I felt a weird vibe, as if someone is going to come and murder me. Putting my unnecessary thoughts away, I cleaned myself up, got out of the shower and got dressed.

Dinner Table

"Papa, why didn't you let me go? I really wanted one picture at night. Sirf ek picture ka sawal tha"

I made a puppy face, eating my pasta.

Smirking, my dad replied,

"Agar aap jungle mein itni raat ko chali jati toh bechare bhooton or janwaron ka kya hota?"

He laughed and I, again, made a puppy face.

Few minutes later, I had finished eating my dinner and we were moving towards our bedrooms to sleep and were looking forward to the next day - so I could take pictures 😉

11:30pm

After praying in the living room, I made my way towards my bedroom and finally switched off the lights. After that long drive from Calgary to British Columbia, we were all exhausted.

It was now 11:55pm..

I switched my lights off, got in that comfy bed, I closed my eyes and began going to sleep.

And suddenly I immediately sat on the bed with a racing heartbeat, my eyes closed. The room was filled with complete silence and in that silence, I could hear the noise of the running tap from the washroom.

My heart started beating fast as I didn't remember someone coming in my room's washroom. I slowly got out of bed, turned the lights on and made my way towards the washroom. By the time I reached the washroom, the sound was gone.

Slowly, I opened washroom's door, switched the light on and... There was nothing! No sign of running water.

"Mera veham hoga"

Whispering to myself, switching the lights back off, I got back in the bed and few moments later, I started shivering due to the cold wind coming from the open windows. My heartbeat started to pick up pace as I remembered closing the windows as soon as I walked in the room.

Getting scared as to what the hell is actually happening, I slowly got out of bed , turned the lights back on. As I made my way towards the windows, I shivered as I felt the air whispering my name.

"Ayeshaaaaa"

I immediately closed the windows. Thinking hopefully this is it for tonight and maybe these are all my thoughts, I turned towards the light switch. Before I could reach the button to turn it off, the lights turned off by itself.

This was it for me, I started screaming.

Within few minutes, my entire family was in my room and started asking me what happened.

I told them everything. My sister and brothers said even they felt a weird vibe from this house.

Locking my room, I slept with my sister, in her room for that night.

As soon as we woke up the next morning, we decided to leave from there and rent another house.

My dad spoke to the house owner and from him, we found out that it was a really old house and other people also complained about such things before.

Without wasting another second, we got ready and left from there but not before taking a picture in the forest. 😉😉

The End

The End