Ch 44 Tate Pt 2

A/N: Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Hope this chapter lives up to expectations. 

COMMENT / VOTE / SHARE <- If you love it someone else might too :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the next couple of weeks, I was plagued with trying to figure out just how far my father's corruption went. Mainly I wanted to know how much money he had philandered away from the pack. No wonder why things seemed to become more and more run down on the pack lands, I was honestly disgusted to call him my father.

After reviewing all the books and even getting some help from a couple accountants in the pack, we were able to find that there was over a couple million dollars that my father had squirreled away over the last ten years or so. It may not seem like much looking at all the small transactions, but once you add in the interest and money he made from his personal investments that meant his bank account was now north of fifteen million dollars. And that was the total from the accounts we could find, my father was a smart man, so I knew he had to have hidden accounts somewhere.

With the help of my mother, we transferred the funds we could find back to the pack, which I was grateful for. She didn't want anything to do with stolen money, much less anything to do with my father right now. Mate or not she was not in a place that she could forgive him, her heart was too broken. Not that forgiving him mattered much because he was still locked away in the pack cells.

"Markus" I called to my Beta.

"Yeah, Tate?" He responded walking into my office from his, which was just the next door down the hall.

"Can you organize a pack meeting for tonight? I would like to discuss the findings of our investigation and also about punishment for our father's. I don't think the pack members are going to think jail time in our cells will cut it. "

"Yeah, I agree with that. I will get right on it. " He replied, walking out of my office task in hand.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Good Evening Everyone!" I called out addressing the pack members. "I hope you are well. I imagine many of you are curious as to why I had this pack meeting called at the last minute. "

There were many groans and whispers of curiosity running through the crowd. I held up my hands gesturing for everyone to quiet down. "I wanted to bring everyone together to let you all know the findings of my investigation. I want to assure you that going forward there will be more accountability and changes to the running of this pack, what we unearthed was both disgusting and heartbreaking. " I paused letting my words sink in.

"I found that more than two million dollars was funneled from pack funds, to line not only my father's pockets, but also our Former Beta's pockets." I was about to continue but was cut off by angry rants from the pack members.

"What are you going to do?", "Is this why everything has fallen apart?", "Where is the money now?"

"Everyone, please quiet down, if you give me a chance, I will answer all of your questions." This seemed to calm everyone down for now. "The money that was stolen had been invested, with high yield returns. With the help of my mother, I have been able to recover fifteen million dollars, far above and beyond what was taken from the pack. "

"What's going to happen to that money?" One person called out.

"Good question! That money is going to be put back into the pack! ALL OF IT! " I was making myself clear that the pack was going to benefit from what my father had done. "With the help of my mother, we have transferred all of the fifteen million dollars back into the pack accounts. I have allocated funds to go to repair houses, for anyone who needs help with housing repairs. The roads in the pack are going to be repaired and general pack land cleanup will be occurring. "