Ch. 43 Tate Part 1

A/N: Early posting today, if I don't do it now then it won't happen later, I have a busy day today. 

Let me know what you think about the truths revealed? Were you shocked? Was it expected? What do you see happening next?

COMMENT/VOTE/SHARE<-- If you love it someone else might too :)

Next chapter is on Wednesday :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a deep-rooted seed of distrust growing in the pit of my stomach. Ever since my father had said that he would kill Ally, I knew that this need he had for me to claim Kimber was personal. There was no other way about it, so I was determined to play his game, but he wasn't going to win. I would walk out the other side of this and get her back. I would have my rightful mate and Luna standing by my side.

It had been months now, two to be exact, since my father had forced me to announce Kimber as my Luna and chosen mate. The longer I was having to hold up this farce of a relationship the harder it was becoming. Any time Kimber touched me, it felt like molten lava on my skin, so I avoided it when at all possible, keeping myself busy with the pack and 'learning the ropes' as my father called it. That meant I only had to suffer with Kimber a few hours a day, in the pack common areas and at night when we were alone. Thankfully I was able to be on patrol most nights, so I was able to avoid her then as well.

I knew that I was not being fair to Kimber, that I should tell her the truth, yet every time I tried the words would not come out. I needed Kimber to believe that we were mates if I was going to make my father believe that I was following his lead. I was truly disgusted with myself over it, because I realized the longer this continued the more, I became like the man I loathed, hating myself for it.

I was reviewing financial reports in my father's office when he broached the subject of Kimber, "Son, when are you going to mark your mate?"

I rolled my eyes and looked up from the reports I was reviewing, "This again, father? I told you she will become Luna after I become Alpha. " This was my stall tactic. I didn't want to mark Kimber and I wouldn't. My father and Beta Adam's would just think they had won.

"You know, boy, you are not Alpha yet, and I do not have to hand the title over to you." He threatened, "Not to mention Al ..."

I cut him off, "Don't mention her. You won; she is gone. " I said, playing into him. "I announced Kimber as you requested, so drop the act. You need to announce me as Alpha at the next meeting or I'll take it. "

My father growled at me, "You're right, she's gone." A glint in his eye, "I will announce you at the next full moon." He turned and left the room. That was easy, too easy. Maybe my refusal to mark Kimber was working, making him realize that I had the upper hand now?

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My father and Beta Adam's stepped down at the next full moon ceremony, officially making me Alpha and Markus Beta. It was a relief because now I could start putting everything into motion, my plan to get my girl back. I didn't need to pretend anymore with Kimber. Once I had the Alpha title everything was going to change.

After the ceremony concluded, many of the pack members had come up to me, congratulating me and personally swearing their allegiance to me as the new Alpha. As I was making my rounds through the pack, talking to some of the members I felt an icy touch on my arm, instantly lighting me on fire causing me to recoil.

"Babbbbbyyyyyyy!" Kimber whined into my ear. "Can we go home now?"

"Mrs. White, thank you for your kind words. " My attention never deviated from her as Kimber joined in trying to pull me away. Kimber was now tugging on my arm, "I apologize Mrs. White, but I'll be right back. " I turned, pulling Kimber away from the crowd with me.