Part Sixteen

Before going to bed, I stopped by Sierra's room to tell her goodnight.
And maybe have a little talk.

She's been unusually quiet ever since I picked them up.

"Hey baby," I said closing the door behind me. "Hey" she muttered back. She was lying on her stomach, a book in front of her.

Okay?

"So what's up?" I asked, picking up a lock of her curly hair.

"Nothing" she grumbled

What's her problem?

"What's wrong with you?"I chuckled.

"Me?" She said incredulously, sitting up on the bed. Her book was forgotten beside her.

"If anything, you should be the one answering that question" she continued.

"What do you mean?"

"There's something up with you, I knew immediately I saw you at the airport, You look drawn out"

"so tell me what the problem is" she added, "and don't give me that crap you fed to Darren in the car"

Folding her arms across her chest, she looked me dead in the eye.
She was serious.
But her face fell when she realized I wasn't going to relent
"What happened?" she asked softly "we used to tell each other everything, no matter what"

I didn't know if I was ready to tell my siblings about my impending marriage to Kieran Preston. But I know I had to. It was inevitable.

God, I hated this so much.

"There is nothing wrong" I assured her with a hand on her shoulder "nothing I can't handle anyways"
"Just trust me...okay?"

She was stoic for a moment before sighing...
"Ok," she said, "I'll trust you".

I was in a meeting with Erin when my phone rang.
Fashion week was in a month, and we had a lot of work to do.
I'd spent too much time slacking off.
And it was all because of Kieran.
It was time to get back to work. I had a business to run.

The displayed number was unknown, but I was curious.
So I excused Erin from the office as I answered the call.

"Hello?"I said into the phone.

"Hey"

My whole body immediately tensed, a reaction as I heard Kieran's Voice.
How did he get my number?
And now that I think about it, I never told him where I lived either, but he found out quite easily too.
Did he do a check-up on me?
The thought of it made me feel weary.

"What do you want?"I asked, my voice now cold.

"Is that how you speak to your husband?"
His sexy chuckle teased my senses, and it immediately made me want to see him. I wanted to feel him.

"You are not my husband" I enunciated as I rubbed the bridge of my nose in irritation.
"Yet" he countered
"What do you want Korean?" I asked again

"Well I called to inform you that we'll be seeing my parents for lunch this weekend" he replied

"Your Parents?" I asked wrinkling my nose "Why?"

I was not ready to meet his parents

"Well to discuss the wedding plans and whatnot" he answered gently "And you do need to see my parents eventually you know"

"So get ready" he added, before cutting off the call.

Asshole!
He didn't even give me the chance to refuse... There was no point to it really because I know it wouldn't change anything.

A wedding...Wow.
I mean I know I signed the marriage agreement, so we had to get married officially.
But it hadn't crossed my mind that a whole wedding ceremony would be taking place.

I thought we weren't going to be having one.

I thought we'd just announce to the media and loved ones that it was a private ceremony. Making it seem like an elopement.
Ugh!
I can't believe I'll have to go through the trouble of a wedding ceremony with someone I do not want to get married to.
Someone I didn't love.
I didn't sign up for this

And I still haven't told Yemi.
How would she react?

Keeping my potential marriage to Kieran from my siblings was traumatizing enough. Now I had to convince them I made the spontaneous decision of getting married.
I had to tell them...and Yemi too
I know Yemi might not immediately accept this but in the end, she'll just have to accept my decision.

So as long as I omit the part where he coerced and blackmailed me.

I had to speak to them, and I had to lie.