Rumors

Yongsun POV

The glares i received during class was suffocating, I didnt want it to end knowing that next period is break and i really dont want those rumors reaching the whole school, who knows what'll happen to me after that, I most certainly not wanna know.

"Byul, Can you answer?" The teacher called out to her, getting my attention. I almost instantly turned my head towards her, way to being not suspicious Yongsun.. Byul stood up and answered the question as if she knew everything beforehand. The way she answered the question and explained with such confidence was really cool, got me staring at her this time without realizing. As she sat down, girls started to squeal and get all giggly and stuff, it annoyed me, for who knows what reason.

The bell soon rang, and i felt my heart drop as it did, girls rushed out the class and i felt like this was where my 'barely started' life in Korea ends. Wheein and Hyejin stood up from their seats and walked over at my table with concern. I sighed under my breath as Byul took an apple from her bag and took a chomp out of it.

"Yonggie, Are you okay?" Wheein asked tilting her head which made her look like a puppy, i chuckled and calmed myself before speaking. 

"Why, what do you mean?" I asked, acting as if i knew nothing. They looked at eachother and sighed slowly. 

"Yonggie, dont pretend like you didnt hear all that whispering.. about you and Byul" she looked behind her towards Byul to see if she was listening before continuing the last part. "Im sorry you got into this mess, and your just new here.." Their expression was really apologetic, im guessing they didnt think it would come like this. 

It was bound to happen anyways, i mean i was the one who wanted to be friends. I just didnt consider what could happen if i were close to Byul.. I dont even know if she actually considers me a friend, or just some girl that she'd like to play or have fun with in that way. Either way, rumors would spread no doubt.

"You dont have to be sorry, this was bound to happen if i got close to Byul. So, im okay with whatever happens, if i had to go through something like this so i can get close to you guys, then im willing for it to happen." I smiled at them reassuringly, hopefully to make them understand that this is nothing for me. They smiled sincerely.

"Whatcha talkin 'bout?" All of us flinched as Byul was now behind Wheein, eating her apple so inocently. "Nothing!" Wheein said in panic, they really dont know how to keep a secret huh? sigh.

I stood up and they looked at me "I should go to the restroom" They nodded and i went out of the class. Okay, this time i wanted to go. As i was walking out, eyes immediately fell on me, my heart was beating in face pace. I was never a people's person, so i couldnt really just go up to them and say its a misunderstanding.. I tried my best to ignore all those stares, and just continue my way to the restroom. 

As i walked in a familiar face came up to me, shit, was this the girl Byul was with in the storage room? She looked at me with furrowed brows, i gently raised a brow at her asking if she wanted anything. 

"So, you're Yongsun huh? Who are you to Byul??" She was alot shorter than me so i had to look down, her face was really annoyed to see me. I couldnt say anything as i wasnt really sure how to answered that question. "Since when did Byul even like girls with glasses like you?? pfft- The prince charming of the school put her standards so low..?" She laughed at her own statement, my lips formed a straight line, my heart ached at what she said, why am i so sensitive that it hurts just from a comment like that?.. I really hate myself.

She stopped laughing and looked straight at me, I flinched as her face was now more serious than the one before, "Yah! are you mute? I asked you a damn question, answer it!!" She raised her voice at me, i flinched again making her scoff "Who are you to Byul?" She repeated, I noticed two more people in the washroom, it seemed like they were her friends.