Chapter 10

Aoife awoke, knowing that something was wrong. She got up quickly, almost passed out, and headed towards the guild. On her way out of the room, she apologized to Jet, Droy, and Levy.

When she arrived at the guild, she headed to the basement. There were a few gasps and protests. Mainly Erza trying to get her to lay down. But she drifted past them in what almost seemed like a trance. She was completely unresponsive, and she was headed directly towards the recently rescued Lucy. Everyone just got more confused when she dropped to her knees in front of her.

"I'm sorry."

"What are you talking about Aoife? Are you ok?"

"I had a bad feeling! I'm always right about these things, but I convinced myself that it was just me being worried. I should have stopped you, I-"

"Aoife, its ok. Nobody knew that they were targeting me. It's fine. To be honest, I thought they were targeting just you. Why are they targeting you anyway?" By that time Natsu had come over and helped her up. Nobody wanted to see her on the ground like that.

"Jose is my uncle, he blames me and my brother for our father's death. Our father was a bad man, and he did horrible things to us, but we aren't the reasons he's dead. He was killed by his own greed. Jose doesn't believe that, he thinks it's our fault."

Later, Mira and Aoife were cuddling, when they noticed Erza storm off in a fit of anger. They knew that she was angry at herself. Aoife shot a look at Mira that said 'I'm-gonna-go- comfort-our-easily-angered-girlfriend'. Aoife caught up to her quickly, and knowing that Erza wasn't one for words, just held her hand. Aoife could see that it made her feel better, if only a little bit. They went to take a shower together, just wanting to be around each other. Erza was fighting within herself, and you could tell. Aoife jumped when she punched the wall, and then opted to just hold her. The girls were content, when everything around them started shaking. Aoife quickly threw on some clothes, while Erza just ran out in a towel. Causing Aoife to run out behind her saying,

"ERZA FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS HOLY PUT ON SOME DAMN CLOTHES!" They both ran forward and saw what was causing all of the commotion, the Phantom Lord guild had sprouted legs and had stopped in the ocean behind Fairy Tail. Soon a bright purple vortex appeared at the end of the large cannon sticking from the front of the guild hall, and Erza walked towards it. Aoife and Natsu had to be restrained, and the others were yelling for Erza to come back. Soon enough she changed into her Adamantine armor, and Aoife realized what she was planning. There were many protests, they all thought she was gonna die. Aoife started to cry, and Erza spoke up.

"The love of my life made this armor, it will hold!" This only made Aoife cry harder.

"ERZA PLEASE," She begged, her voice breaking. "PLEASE YOU COULD DIE! PLEASE!" Erza looked back and shed a tear seeing the state of her lovers. Mira was sobbing, and Aoife was being restrained by Natsu, Gray, and Elfman. When Erza's shield broke and she started to go flying through the air, the boys were done for. She broke free of all of their holds and leaped powerfully into the air. She made it to Erza and the two came crashing to the ground, Aoife taking all the fall damage so Erza would not be hurt anymore. The two lay on the ground breathing heavily, Aoife wrapped around Erza protectively. The guild rushed towards the two, and Natsu knelt down beside them. He was checking their injuries when a hideous cackle came over the speakers that surrounded Phantom Lord.

"I need my hammer." Aoife said quietly.

"Huh?" Poor Gray.

"I NEED MY FUCKING HAMMER!" Aoife had about lost it when that idiot of a guildmaster decided to speak up.

"Makarov has fallen, and now Erza can no longer stand. Will your little Miss Lightning protect you?" Aoife stood her ground, holding the hammer that Bisca had grabbed from the guild hall.

"DAMN STRAIGHT, I'D GIVE UP MY LIFE FOR ANY ONE OF THEM."

"HA! Any chance of victory has slipped through your fingers. Surrender Lucy Heartfilia immediately. You have no choice." There were immediately many shouts of protest, but some were louder than the others.

"WE WOULD NEVER BETRAY HER LIKE THAT! YOU WOULD HAVE TO KILL US FIRST!" Erza

"YOU CAN STOP ASKING NOW, CAUSE YOU AREN'T GETTING ANY OTHER ANSWER. WE'RE TAKING EVERY ONE OF YOU JERKS DOWN!" Natsu

"LUCY IS OUR FAMILY! WE'LL STAND WITH HER NO MATTER WHAT!"Aoife

Lucy knew these voices, these people who had become a part of her life. She was proud.

Soon enough a few of them ran into the guild hall. Natsu went in through the fucking cannon. Gray, Elfman, and Aoife all went inside through doors and shit like normal people. They got there just in time to save Natsu's ass. Elfman and Aoife went together, running through the halls to find one of the Element 4. Suddenly a man came up out of the ground and Aoife immediately got a bad feeling. When Lisanna appeared made of earth, Aoife collapsed. She started appearing all around them, saying awful, awful things. Soon they both got blown through the wall. The horror only deepened when they heard Mira's voice.

"ELFMAN, AOIFE, PLEASE! GET OUT OF HERE. AOIFE YOU'RE HURT! YOU CANT BE HERE!" Aoife was stunned, she was supposed to stay back.

Elfman called back for her, suddenly he was thrown into his memories by a spell.

He saw himself and a little Lisanna, he called out to her before she ran right through him to a younger him. They were talking about his pet parakeet who died.

"It's all my fault."

"No Elfman! It's not! You had nothing to do with it. Even though it makes us sad, all living things have to die eventually."

"Really? Everything has to die?"

"It's sad, but that's just the way life works. Don't worry, your friend will always be with you. He'll live on in your heart for as long as you can remember him."

"Live on in my heart?" The two Elfman say in unison. Then suddenly Elfman lashes out at her, and Lisanna starts to cry. He tries to call out, but is thrown into another memory.

It's a sunny day, and Lisanna is lecturing the pink haired boy, and blue cat in front of her. Elfman recognizes the day and turns to see a younger Elfman, Mira and Aoife approaching. Younger him calls out for Lisanna.

"What? We just finished a job. Can't we take a little break?" Lisanna said back.

"Yeah, but it's an S-class quest! Mira wants us to go along to help her with it!"

"C'mon Lis, it'll be fun!" Elfman stares remembering what happened to Aoife on that same quest.

The group continues to talk about the quest, and when the memory fades out he yells to them.

"No! You can't go! You're not ready yet! At least take Natsu with you! Or leave Aoife at home!".

Suddenly he's in another memory surrounded by flames. He knows this one. He sees this one every time he closes his eyes. A beast storms towards a beat up Mira and Aoife. Mira is supporting Aoife who is missing a leg. They both lean on each other. Lisanna flies down and transforms.

"I had everyone in town evacuate, now let me help you!"

"No Lissana, it's too dangerous. I was getting beat up pretty bad, so Elfman tried to takeover the Beast to protect me. So take Aoife and go, please she needs a doctor!"

"Oh gods! That's him?"

"It almost worked, but the Beast was too powerful for him, now he's totally lost control." Mirajane sighed, knowing Lisanna wouldn't go anywhere.

Lisanna tried to reason with him, but the Beast was too in control. He hit her powerfully, and she died.

His last memory, was of him and Mira at Lisanna's grave. It hurt him badly to see that it was just him and Mira there, because he knew why Aoife wasn't. She still hadn't woken up yet. At that point they didn't know if she would.

Suddenly Elfman breaks out of the spell, seeing Aoife being strangled by Monsieur Sol, and Mira sobbing and calling out for the two. His body is engulfed in a bright golden light. Sol releases Aoife, and she falls to the ground. They all knew what it meant, Full Body Takeover: Beast Soul.