Chapter 38: THE DRAGON, TWO HEDGEHOGS, AND A SAMURAI (HEDGEHOG'S PAST part 1)

Start from the beginning

Arcturus: who's that?

Sonic: oh, guys, meet Sonic; my younger self from the past.

Arc, Clara, and RWBY: huh?!

Clara: (scans him) he's right. His genetic signature is like Sonic's, but the DNA indicates younger than him. He's from the past.

Classic Sonic: who are you guys? Are you more friends?

Sonic: yep. Meet Arc, Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang.

Arcturus: nice to meet you, young speed demon.

Ruby: so, why is your past self here?

???: we can explain that.

They look to see Tails, and Classic Tails fly towards them.

Weiss: Tails, and... Classic Tails?

Classic Tails: yep. We just call us that to make it easier.

Blake: makes since. (Beat) what exactly's going on?

Tails: to simplify it, we're traveling through time and space.

Arcturus: is this Eggman's doing?

Sonic: for once, no.

Things start shaking, and a portal opens. From it, a shadowy monster appears and roars. It flies over them and Arc scans it before it exits.

Classic Sonic: that's what's causing this.

Yang: what was that!?

Clara: it's some kind of dark monster. From the looks of it, it's in a state of flux between different timelines, like a living paradox.

Tails: that's exactly it.

Classic Tails: when that thing goes through time it tears space apart, leaving the areas empty and dead and sticking them in this weird white limbo.

Tails: when the Sonics accelerate through time they fix space, returning color and life!

Ruby: but now that we're here, we can go faster.

Arcturus: yeah. Looks like we need to run like there's no tomorrow.

Sonic: yeah. Or else there won't be a tomorrow.

With that, the team, now joined with the two Sonics, traveled to different points of their history, encountering some of Sonic's biggest moments. One showed Classic Sonic and Arc racing against Metal Sonic and the two conversating.

Arcturus: so Eggman was called Dr. Robotnik first, and has been fighting you for years?

Classic Sonic: yeah. Robuttnik's been attacking my home for years, and wants the chaos emeralds to rule the world.

Arcturus: (snickers) Robuttnik? That's even better! Clara, write that down.

Clara: (giggles) already done.