3

She'd left me in her room while she was at dinner, and I was too exhausted to do anything. She was right though, I'd be better off getting used to her sleep schedule than staying in my own. It was all about survival now, I knew that even when I slept mattered because I had to try to get her to like me and I read somewhere that sleeping at the same time as someone else makes them trust you more. Maybe if she trusted me more she'd let me have more freedom and I could get to safety that way, but I didn't want to be too forgiving, I couldn't act that well. I'd start small, remembering that I owed her nothing.

She came back from dinner with a plate of spaghetti for me and I frowned at it, then turned my nose up at it.

"Come on, it's good food. I like it" she said and offered me some on a fork "just try it. It's good"

"I'm not hungry"

"It's important that you get into the right habits. You have to eat and drink enough or your body starts to give up on itself, you might feel sick but you have to get into the routine of eating and drinking enough and it'll come more naturally when you relax more. Just try a little bit to start with, just eat this bit" she encouraged and I huffed and turned away

"Well, it's there if you want it" she sighed. I heard her putting it down on the bedside table between the bed and the sofa and cleared some of her things off it for me "that can be your side if you need it"

"What am I going to put there? I have nothing" I said

"I can give you something, what do you like doing?"

"I don't even know. Nothing I ever do is off my phone or involves someone else"

"Can you read English?"

"I only read English" I nodded and she went over to her bookshelf

"Read this" she tossed me a book when she got back onto her bed and I watched it land on the sofa next to me "no?"

"I'm not really in the mood to read"

"Why?"

"Why do you fucking think?"

"You're gonna really piss me off in a second young lady"

"You're less than two years older than me! Stop talking to me like that!"

"Do you mind shutting up?"

"Do you mind fucking off?" I retorted and she just ignored me "stop it, that pisses me off"

"You're sleep-deprived and hungry, eat something," she said

"No! I feel sick"

"And I understand, but if you don't get yourself into the right habits you won't do well"

"I don't want to do well. I don't wanna eat fucking spaghetti and I don't wanna go to sleep at stupid times!"

"Stop being so angry"

"I'm allowed to be angry. Don't you dare tell me how to feel! You're not a fucking hostage, shut the fuck up! You might have a controlling dad but at least you have some sort of freedom, you're such an asshole!"

"Quiet!" She snapped "if I hear another word out of you, I'll put you back down there"

"I-"

"What did I say?"

I huffed and lay down on my side and watched her playing her game on the TV, then when she turned the lights off I started slowly drifting off. She snapped her fingers at me while I was struggling to keep my eyes open so I glared at her until she looked away, then closed my eyes.