𝟎𝟏 | 𝐀𝐁𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐋

ᴀʙɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟ

"𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯, 𝘺𝘰𝘶
𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯."
▂▂▂

"No I counted already you count!"

𝑨 six year old Taja ignored her cousins as she dug up large amounts of dirt out of her mother's garden adding it to a plastic bowl. It was dirt but in her mind she was creating the best mud pie known to mankind and she was having the time of her life doing so.

"Then we gone season it."

She ripped up the green grass as she hummed a tiny tune sprinkling it on top of the mud pie before standing up with the bowl. "Y'all come try my food!"

"No you eat that." Kyro laughed as he put the bowl close to his face.

"I did, it's good too."

"Ion wanna play this no more, here!"

"Wait." She sat the bowl down before dusting her hands off. "Okay throw it!"

Taja put her palms out keeping both of her pinkies together and fingers open as Kyro threw the football to her and she caught it. As soon as she caught it she knew to take off and the other boys chased her.

She ran full speed and before she could make it to the homemade touchdown goal that was in the backyard, Malaki grabbed her shirt and tackled her to the ground causing her to erupt in laughter.

"Told you I was faster than you."

"You ain't faster than me punk." She said and tossed the football back to Kylan.

"Where is Taja?"

The voice of her mother caused all of them to look up and her mouth dropped as she stared around the yard and then at Taja. Without any words being said she snatched her up by her arm and pulled her to the house.

"Have you lost your damn mind?!" She yelled opening the front door open pushing her in.

"I-"

"Look at your hair and your clothes! We have somewhere to be and you're outside like you a damn boy, look at you!" Solange exclaimed as she jacked her up.

"Why you yelling Solange?" Legend questioned as he fixed his tie coming down the stairs.

"Look at her Legend!" She pointed and he froze seeing his daughter formal attire was covered in dirt and grass stains then her silk press was now puffy and all over the place.

"Taja really?"

"I just wanted to play." She muttered looking at him fiddling with her fingers nervously.

"You thought it was the time to play when you know we have somewhere to be?! Ariana was in here because she knew playing outside was gonna mess up her outfit but your ass always wanna do your own thing and be fast and flip now look!" Solange tugged at her skirt.

"Just let her change her clothes and put it in a ponytail." Legend sighed aggravated with all of the yelling because he was already not up for the formal lawyer event Solange had to attend. She was the most well respected lawyer in the state, a black woman who earned the title and had no handouts so she took pride in it. Kinda annoyed her husband at times but regardless he loved her and respected her.

"We don't have time for that!"

"Well let her stay here then Solange, what's the big deal?" He sat his keys down staring with a bored expression on his face.

"It's a big deal because they're expecting all of us to be there not just us three, go change and get my belt!"

"Mommy nooo." Taja pleaded. "Go!"

"Don't whoop her-"

"She disobedient and don't listen to shit I say stay out of it." Solange trailed behind Taja.

Her sister Ariana watched from the table and pushed her bowl aside wishing Taja stayed inside so she could avoid getting a beating.

Once the two reached the bedroom Taja got out of her clothes quickly thinking that would change her mother's mind but she frowned as Solange grabbed the leather belt.

"Didn't I tell you not to go outside?"

"Mommy I'm sorry!" Taja cried feeling the belt hit against her arms.

"Move your hand!" She continued swinging the belt ignoring the cries from Taja, it seemed as if blocking it only made the hits worse.

"Now go wash up and change, shut up before I really give you something to cry about!"

That's a statement she never understood, she just received a beating as if she was a slave so what would be worse?

"Be all out there with them fucking boys, you a girl Taja not a boy so act like it." Naomi got a dress out the closet that Taja hated.

She was just a kid who wanted to play outside and have fun with her boy cousins, she didn't see the harm in it. Solange always wanted her daughters to wear dresses and skirts but that was a problem for Taja.

She was more comfortable in her graphic tees and jeans, Ariana as well but she was the one who simply listened and never complained to her mother because she was terrified of those beatings Taja received.

"I hate you." She said lowly crying as she ran the bath water.