1.Change and adjustment

Start from the beginning

"That means I can get admitted there?"

"Yeah,you can. Are you sure you want to get admitted there? You know the situation there. It's not so safe."

Abbu is right. Government college has a name for all type of problems,terrorism and eveteasing.

"Abbu I'm sure. And don't you know how strong your daughter is?" I made a fierce face.

"Yeah yeah. That's why you took Karate lesson last month, I know that." Abbu laughed.

"Huh, she and Karate. A lizard can also lift her up and throw to Andromeda galaxy." Came my insolent, irritating, cheap brother.

"Oh mister. Look at yourself. You look like a complete baboon with filthy hair. And about strength, I can throw you out of the universe with one blow." I said.

My school going sister, Amaya was sitting and laughing like mad. I gave her a high five.

"Truce. Now come and help me with work. I don't understand how I'm alive with this bunch of mad people around me."

My ammi made an entrance. I rushed to the kitchen before she could continue.

After 1 month

"Why is this sleep miles away from me?" I sat on my bed,frustrated. Amaya is sleeping and blabbering rubbish beside me.

I removed her legs which were tangled on my stomach and legs. Burying my face in my palms,I started to think about tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm going to start my college,so anxiety and nervousness is overwhelming me. I don't know how it will go.

Will I be able to adjust there? If I lose my friends in the new surrounding? If I lose my way towards classroom in this massive campus? Ok, thats stupid of me. I'm sure I'll be fine. I have to. With this confidence, I laid down and closed my eyes.

"Get up. Arrree wake up,hey you hearing me deaf? You are going to get late in college in your first day and then you'll hang outside in the corridor crying." Ammi yelled.
I stretched and yawned on the bed. And as I looked at the clock...

"OH MY GOD!!! ITS 9:30.I'M DEAD!!" I yelled which resulted Amaya to jerk off and scream.

"Astagfirullah Warisha. Have you gone mad?" Ammi scolded.

"Ammi my class starts at 10:30. You prepare my breakfast, I'm just coming." I jumped out of the bed and ran towards the washroom.

"Ammi please give me my dress." I screamed from bathroom and heard ammi chuckling.

I chose a blue long top, white loose divider with white dupatta and obviously, blue hijab. I started wearing hijab from class 10.

I came out and ate my breakfast quickly. Ammi was saying the story of her first day at college,which was hilarious with her insulting a professor thinking him to be an eveteaser.

.
After breakfast, I and abbu hurriedly took leave and started for college.

After reaching college, abbu looked and smiled at me. His eyes were glistening with tears. Yes, my abbu is very emotional.

"I cant believe my daughter is grown up. Now she is going to start her college. This makes me realise,that day is not that away when I have to handover you to my son in law." Abbu said.

"Abbu please. Don't say like this. I'm just grown up,not away from you." I said smiling, though inside it was stinging in my heart don't know why.

"Ok.I think I'm getting too emotional. Now you go or else you'll get late. And don't forget to call me after class finishes."