Chapter 2 (You Have The Right Too Worry)

Mai POV (in a dream)

"Is someone singing?" I walk closer to were the singing coming from and find myself at the edge of a forest park. "That voice, it's getting louder, like it's calling for Me." I am suddenly flashed to a different place, a apartment? it smells horrid in here. I quickly cover my nose to block some of the stench. Their is a faint image of a body quivering on the ground and a man over top of her with a weapon. The man has a sickening smirk on his face. I don't think he knows what he's doing. I try calling out to stop the man but no one can hear Me. over powered by my emotions, tears start to leake out of my eyes. am feeling everything that girl is feelings it's like her emotions and mine are one and the same. I keep thinking to myself, This must be a dream, so then.... as if on cue Naru walks in with a genuine smile plastered on his face. that makes me feel somewhat better.

"Its not safe here, you need to wake up!" Naru says sounding very perplexed.

"What why, what's wrong Naru?"

"This spirt is trying to link her self to you" what could Naru mean by that? "It's not safe for you to be alone! she could try to harm you, mentally or physically. Call someone to be with you just in case"

"What, Naru I can't do that, it's like 2:00am

"Your safety is more important then Bueaty sleep!"

Did Naru just try to make a joke....their is no dout now, this is a dream" Naru walks out saying "Please take my advice, be safe"

End of dream

I wake up in a cold sweat.  We'll, my dreams do usually end up coming true, and for everyone's sake, please let this be a normal dream and not a vision. yet, why should this one be different? but who do I call? I can't call monk, he's already be here. Masako would hate me for waking her. I could call Ayako? She can drive and stuff... why not? I pick up the phone and flip through my emergency contacts on the fridge, this is a emergency, right? I dial the correct number and wait too hear her voice on the other end.

"Hello, Mai? Is something wrong? You do realize that it 2:30am right?"

"Yes I know, but I had a really bad dream, more like a nightmare. My dreams can come truer and usually do so I guess I got scared?"

"What was your dream about?"

I tell Ayako everything, and make sure not to leave out a single detail. "I am really sorry to call you so late, but Naru in my dream said to not be alone. I thought it would be weird to call him, considering he's the one that told me. Monks already be here tonight and I don't think Masiko..."

"Mai you need to come down, of course all come over. Stop stressing and all be over in 15 minutes, ok?

"Yeah, thanks" after saying that I hang up the phone, and go to sit on the couch with Opel. I must haves dozed off in my thoughts, because when the door bell rangs, I jumped so high that Opel falls out of my lap. I slowly unlock the door and open it to see Ayako standing their with a bag In her hands. "hey Ayako, thanks for coming over" I step aside and let her Into my home.

"No problem at all Mai! your home is wonderful" Ayako places her bag next to the couch and sits down.

"thanks! as you can see I love stuffed animals and pictures" I take a seat next to Ayako and pick up Opel

Ayako POV

I did not even see all the pictures or the stuffed animals till she pointed them out, or the cat!! "Aww, you have a little kitty! it's so cute"

"Thanks, her name is Opel"

"So our you feeling better, not as scared anymore" a hint of worry is noticeable in my voice.

"No, am still scared but not as much, I was wondering if you could mayby spend the night?" a hint of red appears on Mai's face as she asks Me.

"Why do think I bought a bag? silly! I wouldn't leave you hear alone, even if you asked me too."

For about 1 hour we talked about the dream and why Naru was in it, I told her how for some reason Naru leads me through my dreams. She gave me this look and we got on to the the subject of boys and other girly things. We stayed up till about 3:30am and decided it was best to got to bed. Mai slept in her bed and I slept on her pull out sofa, she didn't seem to have another nightmare so that was good.

We slept soundly through the rest of the night and got up at 5:30am to get ready to leave. I drove Mai to work with men to be honest I was scared to start the case.