Chapter 6 (My Friends? More Like Family)

Monk POV

"M-my leg h-he broke it"

"Mai? Come on! You gotta stay awake!" Tears started to fall from my eyes. Dammit! This is all my fault, if I would have just went up their with her she would still be ok! We pulled into her building parking lot and raced out of the car.

"Monk, you gotta calm down!" Ayako said from behind me.

"How can I calm down, Mai's hurt and it's all my fault! If I just would of gone up th-" she came right up in front of my face and slapped me.

"Get a hold of your self! How could you have possibly known that she was in danger?! The one to blame, is the one who did this to her! Not the person trying to save her!" She had her head on my chest and was silently crying. "Were all worried, so let's get in there and save her! Dammit." She's right, I'm just worried. We all are.

"Then why are you crying on my chest? Like you said, get a hold of your self and let's go" she slowly straightened her self and looked me in the eyes. She smiled and continued to race down the hallway to Mai's apartment. She was banging on the door. What is she doing?! Does she honestly think Mai's going to get up and answer?! "Ayako?! Do you think she going to answer the door?! Move!" As soon as she backed up I kicked down the door. We all moved into the apartment and this horrible stench filled our noses.

Naru POV

I put my sleeve over my noes to block out the stench, that's when I saw what I was dredging the whole way here. Mai, laying on the ground with cuts and bruises all over her body. I walked over and lifted her head up. "Call 911" that's all I could really say, I was in a state of shock. Who would do this to her? She's so gentle, always able to lift the mood, and yet, here she is laying unconscious in my arms.

"I called the paramedics, they will be here shortly." Lin came up to me. "Naru, let's bring her down stairs, ok?" I just nodded my head.

"Monk, give me a hand"

"Yeah, of course" he came over and held her leg steady as I lifted her up into my arms. "You got her?"

"Yes, let's meet them down stairs so they can go straight to the hospital." We waited at the bottom level for the paramedics. I didn't realize this till now but, Mai's so light. Not like under weight, she just fits in my arms perfectly. I do t know why I'm feeling like this, but, seeing her like this made me appreciate what I have, if I were to lose Mia, I don't know what I would do. The paramedics finally showed up and they took Mai out of my arms and onto the Stretcher.

"Who's coming with? Cause we've got to go." Everyone nodded towards me, so I walked forward and nodded at the doctor. I watched as they loaded Mai up and I climbed in right next to her.

Time skip ( at the hospital)

The assailant broke her leg in two places, her for head had to get stitches, she has severe bruises on her stomach and a fractured rib. Her side needed to be bandaged because their was a cut that was bleeding. When I find the person responsible for this their going to pay. Mai did nothing wrong.

"Naru!" Monk yelled from across the waiting room. I got up from my chair and meet them in the center. "How is she?"

"She has a broken leg, severe bruises and cuts but she should make a full recovery. The doctors are with her now. Did the investigators find anything at her apartment?"

"Yeah, there were signs of forced entry. They said the man got their a little after Mai and Ayako left this morning. That's all they have right now but their still working. When will we be able to see her?"

"Soon. The doctors are doing x-rays and tests just to make sure there's no internal bleeding or problems. Probably in about a hour."

Mai POV

It's so cold yet warm at the same time. "Doctor, let's get her leg in a cast and splint her wrist." Who was that? Their voice doesn't sound familiar. Am I at a hospital? "I need more bandages and disinfectant." I don't understand, if I'm a sleep how come I can hear everything? Is this like a out of body experience? That's when it hit me, everything that has happened. The Break in, the attack, the phone call, it's all coming back. I need to wake up. I tried moving my hands but they wouldn't budge, I couldn't move at all. "Doctor, the girls friends are asking to see her again." My friends? More like family. They understand me better then anybody else. What I don't get though is why I don't feel pain, is it because I'm actually a sleep? I still need to wake up though. I can't stay like this forever. People are counting on me, people need me to be ok. "She starting to wake up, we need to finish this now." Am I actually waking up, nothing seams any different. Things started to suddenly get brighter, like I hot flash of light was washing over me. Things were moving around and I could feel the air on my exposed skin. Everything suddenly stopped and I could feel and move again.

(Sorry if that was really bad, it's hard to right when someone unconscious)

"Mai? Can you hear me" that's a voice I recognize any day. Someone grabbed my hand. It was Naru.

"The doctor said that you were waking up, not sure if you actually are though." I squeezed Naru's hand to show him I was awake. Monk is like a big brother to me, to know that he's so worried just brakes my heart.

"She's awake, she just squeezed me hand."

"Hey, N-Naru"

"Mai!" All the voices in the room said together. How did I get so lucky to get such a wonderful group of friends?

"H-hi" it's still hard to talk, there's a huge pressure in my chest, like something's Weighing me down. Opening my eyes made my smile. All my friends are here, even