Chapter 5 (Stay With Us)

Attacker's POV

How dare this girl call the people that killed the people I love the most caring and loving. She has no idea the pain I'm going through! It might have been her parents fault but I want revenge and she's the closest thing I have to receiving that wish. She has to go through the physical and emotional pain that I did, but all keep her alive she she can never escape.

Mai POV

I looked over to the man that's causing my pain. He had a smirk on his lips and seemed deep in thought. With out thinking a lunged at him and hit him as hard as could in the center of his face. He can't expect me to sit her and take this.

"How dare you!" He seemed almost unfazed by the blow, he quickly kicked my knee cap causing a painful crack in my leg.

"Dammit! You will not get away with this! Revenge brings nothing but sorrow and regret, my parents did not just die of natural causes. They were in a deadly car crash, hit by a drunk driver ( I am pretty sure this didn't happen. I don't know how Mai's parents died so I making it up.... Sorry) I don't spend my days trying to revenge them because I know even if the man responsible did die it wouldn't bring my parents back! They still would be dead! Their is nothing I can do about that! Why would I kill the person that killed them?! That just means another person died. It's a never ending cycle!" I watched the mans face very carefully. He seemed shocked by my outburst. He stayed that way for a good five minutes intel he's expression turned into complete anger.

"You know nothing of my pain! My wife and daughter were murdered on purpose! They were being hunted by your parents just because they couldn't understand what they were! People are so fast to judge things they don't understand! We lived peacefully intel they showed up and ruined everything!"

"I understand that your upset but this has nothing to do with me! This must of happened over two years ago because that's how long it been since they died. Two years is a long time to hold a grudge!" The pain in my leg started to get worse, he most of broke it. My face was throbbing and had a cut above my right brow. I can't hold out much longer.

"That's it, all show you my pain!" He ran over to my side and held my up by by short hair. He tugged further back causing me to have to put weight on my broken knee.

"You need to stop please! I did nothing wrong!" I screamed out. Tears started to fall from my eyes. "Please!" He just smirked.

"My wife and daughter weren't the only ones to have powers. After I figured out they were in danger I hid my powers, I'm the one that sent the spirits after those people. The one that linked the spirt in your dream." Glass broke from somewhere and it went quiet. That's all I herd before passing out.

Time skip (to when the attacker leaves)

I woke up to a blinding light. What happened? I was laying on the floor, blood coming out of a cut on my side. All the events that happened started to come back to me. The random guy braking into my house, him attacking me, k-killing Opel. I slowly sat up, wincing as I moved my aching body. 'I have to get to my phone' I thought. I don't care if he said not to tell anyone, I need help. Looking around I noticed my purse right in front of the door. 'Dam' I slowly put pressure on my good leg only to fall back because I pain shot up from my rib cage, lifting up my shirt I saw a big black and purple bruise start to form. Ignoring the pain I pushed my self over to the door and grabbed my purse, my breath became uneven and my vision started to blur. I picked the first contacted I saw a pressed send. It rang three times before someone finally picked up.

"Hello" it was Lin.

"L-Lin?"

"Mai? Are you ok? What happened?!" He started to panic.

"I n-need help. I was attacked right a-after M-monk dropped me off." It hurt so much to breath let alone talk.

"Mai?! You need to hang on, were on our way" I herd him explaining everything that I told him before another voice came through the phone.

"Mai! Can you here me?!" It was Monk, he probably feel so bad but it wasn't his fault. I nodded my head forgetting he couldn't hear me.

"Y-yes" tears started to fall from my eyes. I don't want them to see me like this.

"Hey, stay with me now, keep talking, ok?" He sounded so worried, it just made me cry harder making it harder to breath.

"Yeah, I'm s-so s-sorry." I was still over next to the door. I put the phone on speaker and through it over next to the couch and started to slowly move that way.

"Mai, don't be sorry. This wasn't your fault. What was that noise?! Is the attacker still in your apartment?!"

"N-no. I'm m-moving."

"No! Don't move stay exactly were you are. Don't hurt yourself more." I heard a knew voice come through the phone as I finally made it to the side of the couch and laid on my back on the ground next to it.

"Mai" it was Naru. "Keep your eyes open for me and keep talking, we're does it hurt the most?"

"My h-heart" I cried, it hurt more because he killed Opel.

"Your heart?! Why? Do you have chest pains, were you struck in the chest?" He was freaking out. Naru lost his composure because I was hurt. I don't know weather to be happy, sad or whatever. I've never heard Naru like this.

"He k-killed O-Opel" I said it in a low whisper, my vision was getting worse and eyes were heavy.

"Mai, were five minutes away, you gotta stay awake ok? Please keep talking, were else dose it hurt?" Monk said over the phone. I can just Imagine him going over the speed limit right now.

"Monk?" Their was a shuffle and then he started to speak.

"Yeah Mai, what is it?"

"D-don't start s-speeding now" their was a sad laugh on the other end and then a cry.

"How'd you know I was speeding?"

"I-I know you t-too well." That's when it got unbearable and I closed my eyes. I could still hear them talking, I couldn't move.

"Hey? You still there? I know it hurts but you gotta stay with us. Were else does it hurt?" I could barely answer, it came out as a small whimper.

"M-my leg, h-he broke it." That's when I finally passed out to the sound of yelling.