Chapter 16 (Targeted)

Doctors POV (the same one that saved Mai's life)

Day after the picnic

"And we have no idea why dying saved her life?" I asked the head nurse.

"No sir. I'm going over her charts now and it's a total mystery why the virus stopped spreading. The virus is still in her system, we have to get it out as soon as possible but we don't know how."

"Is the virus showing any form?"

"It seams to be some sorta liquid. But how it got there is still undetermined." She sighed.

"How is it that someone can transfer liquid to someone else's body with out a entry wound?"

"The assailant did mention something about having psychic powers."

"What's going on with the case now? Have the found the man that did this?"

"No sir, he's still on the run." I grabbed the charts from the nurse and looked them over for myself.

"Let's go and-" a loud explosion went off from down the east hallway. It knocked me off my feet and on to the ground. There was a ringing in my ears but slowly went away. Getting up I checked out side the room. People were screaming as walls collapsed and windows broke from the force. "What was that?!" I said as the nurse ran out. We were on the second floor so it would be hard to get people out of here.

"Sir there are severely injured people! We need to help!" Why was there a explosion?! I ran towards the seen to see a gaping whole in the hospital building. Exposed wires were dangerously sparking as the building became structurally unsound.

"We need to get everyone out of here!" I ran over to the only working broadcaster and yelled into it. "Every available doctor report to the east hallway immediately. All nurses escort patients and visitors out of the building. This is a code red. I repeat this is a code red. A explosion has rendered the building unsafe, please evacuate." I slammed the phone on to the table and ran over to the nearest person. "Mam, can you hear me?" I saw a slight nod of her head and smiled. "Your going just fine, are you able to stand?" She shook her head no. "We are going to get you out of her ok?" I stood up and looked around. I ran over to the desk and grabbed as many sharpies as I could. "People! Listen up! Grab a sharpie of every color! Green is for good! Yellow is for hurt! Red is for severe! And black is for dead! As you check people put a colored slash on there head indicating there condition! Everyone who is able to help please do so!" Tons of people started to grab different marker colors and get to work. I ran over to a small child that was laying on the floor. "Hey, can you hear me?" I rolled the girl on to her back and looked in to her eyes.

"Yes" she replied weakly.

"Does anything hurt?"

"I can't feel my legs!" She cried. I looked down and saw her legs were blue and purple. He spine.

"Honey your going to be just fine." I quickly drew a red slash on her forehead. "We have a red over here!" I yelled. Two doctors came and helped the girl.

"We have a black here!" Another doctor yelled out. Dammit! Why the hell did this happen?! People we're calling out different colors when the unthinkable happened. Two simultaneous explosions happened at once. It shook the whole building and walls started to crumble. The north and south sides were taken out in a split of a second. Why?! Why the hell would someone target a hospital?! The power went out and everything went dark.

Monk POV

We all went down to the cafe to get something to eat, Mai told me that she would stay in here room and rest. I was about to order when a loud explosion went off towards the east. The whole room shook with some people falling to the ground and screaming. I quickly looked behind me to see all my friends in shock. John fell over from the force and everyone had a hand over their noses from the dust and smoke. "What the hell was that?!" A announcement suddenly was heard from the speakers.

"Every available doctor report to the east hallway immediately. All nurses escort patients and visitors out of the building. This is a code red. I repeat this is a code red. A explosion has rendered the building unsafe, please evacuate."

"We have to get Mai!" Everyone paled. "Her room is on the third floor north side! She should be ok as long as the explosion happened on the east side!" They all nodded and we all ran for the stairs. After going through the flights of stairs we made it to the third floor but the door was stuck. "The doors stuck! Everyone stand back!" I kicked the door with my right foot and it flew open. Everyone rushed out into the hallway. The floors were covered in debris and the walls and floor were cracked. We were almost at the north side when another explosion happened. It knocked us all backwards towards the ground. Everything was blurry and I couldn't hear right. Turning my head I saw Ayako on the floor holding her head. Masako was next to her trying to stand. On my other side Lin was on his knees trying to make sense of all this and Naru was up on his feet. John was by my side trying to get me up. I pushed my self up and slowly trudged over to Naru

"The hallway to Mai's room has been blocked." Naru said. There has or be another way in!

"If we want to get to her room we have to go around but both sides are caved in" Lin updated us. Walking over towards the cave in I saw a small clearing just big enough for me to fit through.

"I can make it" everyone eyes were on me as I lowered my self to the ground.

"Are you insane?! That whole could collapse any second!" Ayako said.

"Then why are we wasting time?! Mai's alone on the other side of this! I'm going to get over there even if it kills me!" I stood back up to face everyone.

"Monk...."

"It's ok. I want everyone to evacuate now. Naru, stay here with me to help me get her out of here." He nodded.

"Like hell! We can't leave you two here!"

"Please just go!" I yelled "it makes no seance for all of us to stay here so just go! Naru and I got this." I lowered my self again a started to make my way through the opening. Footsteps were heard as everyone ran out. God I hope this works.