Chapter 3 (Connection)

Monks POV

I was surprised to see Mai and Ayako coming to work together, maybe something happened? "Hey guys, car pulling?

"No, Ayako stayed over last night." Mai said instantly.

"Really why?"

"Well I sorta had one of my 'visions' last night and it really scared me. I called Ayako because Naru was in my dream and said for me not to be alone."

"Oh, well are you ok?"

"Yah! Am fine, just have a bad felling about this case is all."

Now am a little worried, if Mai had one of her visions and she had to call Ayako, that's bad.

"Care to explain to me what occurred last night" Naru said while existing his van.

"In my dream I heard singing, almost like it was calling out to me. I was trying to figure out where the singing was coming from so I started to walk and found myself at a park. I was suddenly flashed to somewhere else, a apartment. The whole house smelt like blood, it felt so real like I was their in real life. A girl was crying in the corner while a man loomed over her with a knife. When I saw the mans face he was smirking, but his eyes told a whole knew story. He didn't want to but he was trying to murder the girl in front of him. I was connected with the girl, everything she felt I felt. I remember thinking this must be a dream, then Naru walked in and said I was in danger and could not be alone." She didn't realize but the whole time she was starring at the ground. I looked and locked eyes with Naru, sending him a silent message.

"You are not to be alone during this whole case, Monk you will stay with Mai, understood?"

"You got it, let's go and set up Mai."

"Yeah one second, Naru?"

"What is it now Mai?"

"Gosh.... I was just going to ask why we were at a park" now that she mentioned it, why are we at a park?

"This is were the last occurrence happened. A 20 year old women was walking her dog when the attack happened."

"When did the attack happen?" I butted in.

"Around three o'clock this morning"

Mai POV

"Three o'clock this morning? That's the exact same time of my dream, what did the lady look like?" Did I actually dream of someone getting murdered? I've never had a vision of something happening right then, it's always after the attack or event accrues.

"This is the victim profile, the investigators have identified her as Nikki hogging." Naru passed me the profile to look over. I open the folder and their was a picture of the girl from my dream. I was right I actually dreamt of her death.

"You guys might not believe this but, this is the girl from my dream. Same hair, eyes , everything matches."

"Are you sure?" Monk sparred me a worried glance.

"Positive"

"So you think your connected to this case somehow?" Monk came over next to me and put a welcoming hand on my shoulder.

"I don't know, I mean in my dream Naru said that I was in danger and that the spirt was trying to link it self to me."

"Mai, I think it's to dangerousness for you to work this case. You should go home" Naru said from next to the van. What? I can't go home, they need me. So what if I am in danger. Theirs no way I am abandoning my friends like that, not now, not ever.

*******************************

OMG you guys! Thank you so much for 1.1 thousand reads!! Things insane, like unthinkable. Ok, I know I am horrible at updating and making decently long chapters so I'm just going to say it right here..... I'm sorry!

This chapter is short but I will try to get better at making long updates!

Till next time!!!