The Grimms' Princess

Start from the beginning

Then, when the tail seemingly reached its apex, the body of "water" suddenly exploded. However, the "water" didn't scatter, peices of it abruptly stopping in the air, as if frozen in time. A second passed, and something happened.

The peices of "water" all formed a shape of an orb, all varying in size, and slowly, as if they had their own point of gravity. They collided softly, mixing and combining, a color of white appearing out of nowhere.

The orb was as big as a baseball, and it stayed the same even with more "water" came and mixed with it. Then, when the last peice connected and combined with the orb, it fell ungracefully to the middle of the 5 meter deep pool, but was arguably now a crater.

From the creatures that surrounded the crater, something that resembled an elephant used its trunk to grab the orb from the crater, then placed it in front of the crater for all to see. Everything was silent, not a single sound could be heard.

As time passed, the orb shook, and a second later, two creatures came forward. It was an "evil" version of a cat and fox, their fur black as everyone else's, pieces of armor surrounding parts of their body and their masks covering their faces, glowing yellow and red eyes boring at the orb. However, the two seemed unique as they looked to be actually cute and less intimidating.

The orb shook once more, and the "kitten" and "kit" pounced forward, the two creatures entrapping the orb in a circle by lying on their stomach, facing each other, their paws forming a circle. Then the orb shook again, however, right after shaking, two string-like beams came out from it and went straight to the two creatures forehead.

The kitten and kit shook their head, a mark resembling a majestic crown was left where the beam hit. Moments later, the kitten and kit shivered, before looking away from the orb and staring at each others eyes. As if they were having a conversation with their eyes, they nodded simultaneously.

Both, then, looked towards a gigantic raven, which craned its neck. After a few moments, it opened its masked beak and let out a *Caw*. Lowering its head, it took the orb into its beak as gently as it could, afraid of damaging it, while also lowering one of its wings, the kitten and kit using it as a ramp, then comfortably resting on the gigantic raven's back.

With a slightly muffled caw, the raven positioned itself before taking off, right towards an eerie castle east of the pools.

¦Timeskip¦

It didn't take long for the trio to reach the castle, but unfortunately, the raven was too massive to properly fit into the hallway, so it left the orb and the kitten and kit in front of the castle's doors. With a loud caw and a peck on the door, it left.

The kitten and kit remained in place, protecting the orb, and within a minute or so, the doors opened, revealing a tall middle-aged man with a slim build and slightly tanned skin. He has short black and gray hair as well as a thick mustache and eyebrows, and green eyes. As for his clothing, he wore a white laboratory coat with yellow-ish linings. He also has a pair of gloves covering his hands and a pair of brown combat boots.

???: "What is this?" asked the man in a refined accent, staring down at the kitten and kit apparently guarding the orb.

???: "Peculiar. These grimms are young, maybe even just created. But what's with this? You two look a lot different from the rest of your species."