Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

Nayda's Point of View –

On our walk back all I could think about was what happened. I know I said I'd forget about it but, how could I? The way he kissed me...the way it made me feel...

"Nay, did you hear me?"

I turned my head and looked at Eli as we approached the bunker. His eyebrow was raised and I bit my lip. Don't do that.

My brain immediately flashed to when Eli had grabbed my face and pulled my lip from between my teeth and my face heated up.

"I asked what our next step was going to be."

I walked away from him and towards the bunker and he sighed.

"Nayda where are you going?"

I honestly just needed to get away from him for a minute. I need to clear my head, but I can't when he's here...right behind me...

I took a deep breath. Come on, pull yourself together!

"Our next step is to rest. Find some food. And then we need to figure out this prophecy and what we should do with it."

Eli didn't say anything and we headed inside. When we got back into the room Erik was sitting at the table, his head in his hands.

"Hey Erik, you okay?"

He jumped to his feet and pulled me into a hug. What the...?

"Thank gosh you're okay! You were gone for so long that I thought for sure something bad had happened?"

I furrowed my brows and patted his back.

"No Erik I-I'm fine. I had Eli with me the whole time."

"What bad thing do you think had happened to her Erik?" Eli asked.

Erik pulled away from me and narrowed his eyes at Eli.

"It doesn't matter."

Eli glared at him, and I looked between the two of them.

"Do you really think I would do anything to hurt her?" Eli growled.

Erik glared back at Eli and my eyes widened. Are they serious right now?

"How am I supposed to know? You are a vampire after all!"

My mouth fell open and Eli was breathing heavily in anger. Oh no...

Before I could react, Eli had lunged at Erik, both of them tumbling over the small, wooden table before hitting the floor, the table crumbling into bits underneath their weight. Eli was on top of Erik, throwing punch after punch and Erik was fighting back, hitting Eli a couple times. Suddenly a couple of loud cracks echoed through the room and Eli went flying back, hitting the bars of one of the jail cells before hitting the floor. Erik stood up, blood dripping down his chin and his forehead. Lightning sparks emitted from his fingers, crackling through the room and I gasped. So that's one of his abilities? I didn't even think Erik had gifts; I didn't think he was a mage.

Eli growled before pushing himself to his feet. Seeing the blue lightning coming from Erik, I knew I had to step in. Eli would get seriously hurt, or worse. Before either of them could attack, I stepped between them. They both gasped and I looked at both of them.

"Please stop."

Neither of them said anything. Eli was breathing heavily and a growl escaped from his throat.

"Move Nayda. I'm gonna beat the shit out of this stupid prince boy so he can understand who is truly in danger when I'm around."

"No, you aren't Eli."