Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

"Nayda, honey, it's time to wake up."

I groaned and turned away from the hand which was trying to shake me awake. I didn't want to wake up. I was warm and cozy in this extra-large bed....my eyes opened a little and I looked at my mother who stood above me in her robes.

She quietly laughed at me, her eyes shining as she smiled.

"Good morning sunshine. Come, you have to get up. It's your birthday!"

I sighed, turning back over in my parent's bed. I heard my mom and Syeira draw a bath for me and I stretched out, knowing I would have to get up now.

I spread eagle in the center of the bed and barely took up any space. I was so small in stature that their bed swallowed me whole. Of course, my mom suffered the same situation. I took after her in the looks department.

She walked back in the room, looking at me.

"Come on Nayda. I know you don't want to get up, but maybe today will have a few surprises."

I watched her as she disappeared back into her washroom. Surprises?

I forced myself out of the bed and shuffled my way to the washroom. The curtains in the room were wide open and the sky outside was grey, darkening by the minute. I could feel the pressure from inside the castle as the rain just waited to be released from the sky.

My mom was able to get me in the tub by promising me that I wouldn't have to dance with every male tonight and she left the room to probably go find my father.

He seems to always be away on business recently.

I sat in the bathtub until my fingers and toes looked pruny and the bubbles were long gone. I sighed, getting ready to get out, when a loud crash echoed the castle, nearly shaking the walls.

"GALATEA MOONHOWL!"

My brows furrowed and I jumped out of the tub, drying myself off in a hurry. There was another loud crash and I rushed to get dressed, pulling on a simple, dark blue dress and running a brush through my hair. When I was presentable enough, I ran from the room, sliding down the halls towards the commotion.

I stopped at the top of the staircase and looked down at the scene below me. My mother stood below, her hair floating in the mid-hair like the snakes of Medusa. Her eyes were glowing a bright red-brown color and white sparks emitted from her fingertips. In front of her stood my father, whose hands were in the air in the surrender position.

I didn't know what was going on, but I made my way down the stairs to find out.

"You need to calm down now Tea."

I continued to inch my way down the stairs, watching my parents. My father began to walk towards my mother, watching her. She watched him like a lioness stalking her prey and I wasn't sure who I should be more worried about; my mother or my father.

I set foot on one of the last few steps, freezing mid-step when the stair creaked. Both my mother and father looked at me and I stared at them, fear striking my heart. My father's eyes were wide with worry as my mother fixated her eyes on me, turning her whole body so she was walking towards me.

"Mom....?"

She stared at me for a long moment, her eyes pulsating different shades of brown, before she turned back around and looked at my father.

"Get him out of here, now Kai." She said.

My brows furrowed and he gave my mom a pained look.

"Honey – "