Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR

Queen Galatea's Point of View -

I walked into my bedroom where my husband was pacing across our large marbled floor.

"What is it Kai?"

He stopped, coming to me.

"What have you done? What did you put in our daughter's head Tea?"

I stared at my husband in surprise.

"Excuse me?"

He huffed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Galatea, how many times do we have to discuss this? There is no prophecy for our daughter. There is no choice for her. She must marry Duke's son. There's no way for us to get out of this hole. Our people will die Tea. You keep speaking of this prophecy, of some magical hope that will appear out of nowhere. This is real life Tea."

I took a step away from my husband, not sure who this man was.

"Who are you?"

He stared at me in surprise.

"You are not the man I married 20 years ago. You are a coward."

His mouth fell open and he took a step back like I had just punched him in his gut.

"Where is the man I married 20 years ago? The man who broke out of a prison and a month later attacked that prison with his own enemy by his side, followed by thousands of creatures that we didn't even know existed to save me? Where is the man who was going to take a bullet for me? Who would've died for me? Where is that man Kai Moonhowl?! Where is he?!"

Kai was staring down at his feet.

"That prophecy is on her ceiling, just like ours was. It's there, waiting to be read. Remember what Amnita told us?"

He sighed and I stared at him.

"She's going to leave Kai. She's going to follow the prophecy."

After what seemed like a while, he looked up at me, his expression angry.

"And what about our people?"

I stared at him in disbelief. I took a step away from him. I blinked, feeling like my world was about to collapse around me. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes for a moment to gather myself.

"I'm leaving Kai."

"I'm sorry?"

I turned around, grabbing my satchel. I began throwing my things into it - hairbrush, toiletries, an extra dress, medicines, pants, and blouses. I changed into a ragged dress before throwing a cloak over my shoulders. Dressed like this, I could travel without being noticed.

"Where are you going, Tea?"

I turned around and looked at my husband.

"I'm going to say goodbye to our daughter and then I'm leaving because I don't know who I'm married to anymore. I'll be back once I'm done assisting with the war. You can stay here and worry like a wife is supposed to do but I for one am not going to sit around anymore. You keep asking what we're going to do, what about our people, and this is my answer. I'm going to fight Kai."

He stared at me in shock and I grabbed my swords, my bow and arrows, my dagger, and my mace and I kissed him on his cheek.

"I love you."

Before he spoke, I walked out of the room and towards my daughter's bedroom.

Nayda's Point of View -