34/priorities

The winter and I are alike, cold and dead

Ozias POV
§§§

"I won't mark her without her permission Eudora .. nor will I mark her when she's unconscious. And I I-I'm not ready Please is there any other way..." I stutter.
I was surprised I was almost begging , I begged to no one but the Moon Goddess, I did just that . I beg to the moon goddess in my head while I watched her debate in her head. My mate starting to spaz again and a growl ripped through my throat.

"Fine" she screamed out while throwing her hands up dropping the needles in her hands to the ground and grabbing her hair. I watch her close her eyes and lick her lips before she moves quickly to grab tubes needles and bags .  "A blood transfusion..." she says quietly, trying to quickly gather the other supplies.

"Will this save her?"

"Not for long.... she'll have at most a week or two if we load her up with your blood... but you will have to mark her sooner than later Alpha King"

I don't want to think about anything that impactful in the moment so I growl and sit down and watch Eudora pierce my mates smooth flawless skin with a needle deep in her arm and i watch her unconsciously flinch. my wolf again let's a deep growl out and I inch my chair closer to my mates bed. She grabs my arm and lets the needle go into my skin I don't flinch it's painless. But I can't ignore the pain making its way to my heart ... I can't deny the the attachment I've made to the woman in front of me .... I hate myself for what I've done to her and I hate that I don't know her better ... I want to know all of her and her body... figure each other out ...and maybe just maybe this mate thing could work.

I watch the sticky dark crimson liquid flow through the tubes giving life back to my mate. I watch her body stop it's constant twitching and her breathing steady. My wolf calms and my heart slows , I see it's working. I lean my head back in the chair and get comfy, this was going to take awhile.

****

I unhooked from the tubes hours later. Now was not a safe time for me to be about so I go to my room in the castle and rest , the loss of blood making me unable to see straight. Eudora informed me it would be a bit before I could take Nesryn home with me. My work is stacked up but I can't imagine doing any of it now.

I walk to the window and watch the coming of the unforgiving winter as she lets her wind flow through the trees making their fingers sway , their dead leaves falling to the ground making a comfy foundation for the snow to lay comfortable and thick for as long as she may please. The winters could be beautiful but oh were they deadly. Such a deceiving thing she was , winter. Soon his land as far as the eye could see and further would be blanketed in thick cold ice and powder. It would shimmer in the sun whenever the pregnant belly's  full of snow and rain of the thick grey clouds would Please to let the sun through to tease us with her warmth only to steal it away quicker than it came, the only thing that would stay was the shining of the snow diamonds reflecting  in the highest spots that winter could not keep hidden with her clouds. The life around him in his pack would dwindle. The beautiful cover of the forest would be dead. The hunt he and his pack took pride in hunting on occasions would flee to find warmth and cover from the grasps of the cold. Hibernation would find its way into big game and the little game would try its best to survive , to find water where once so easily accessible now frozen solid where the fast current would carry you to your painful lonely death quicker than blinking your eyes if you were unfortunate enough to to fall through.