❁ Chapter 1 | nina

Start from the beginning

I don't know why he was acting like this.

Sure, I hadn't seen him in over a month and usually when he'd pick Lennon up, the nanny would be home babysitting to take care of her whilst I was at work. Apart from a few messages back and forth, we didn't really speak about anything non-Lenny related.

Harry actually wasn't too fond of the whole "nanny" thing. The idea of a stranger taking care of our daughter while we both worked just felt unsettling to him. Understandable, although Genesis was someone I've known for a very long time and I trusted her with my daughter. She was my friend growing up and she used to work at a daycare.

He made this whole 10 minute interaction awkward and nerve wrecking. I just wanted him to leave already so I wouldn't have to see his face tonight.

Moments later, Lennon comes running out with a giant backpack hanging over her shoulders

Oh thank god.

"Hi daddy!" She said running towards Harry with open arms.

"Hi, baby" Harry smiled back peppering her with kisses all over her face.

Lennon was a spitting image of her father. The curls, the dimples, her smile. The only thing she inherited of mine were her much more beautiful and big brown eyes.

She was also just like Harry, personality wise. Sweet and kind, she put others before herself and that's something I'd always seen and admired in Harry. When she's frustrated she gives the exact same stare as her father. I still can't help the guilt I feel whenever I see it and she's unsatisfied with something.

Just last night I'd refused to give her ice cream after I'd found an empty m&m bag hidden underneath her pillow. I'd seen it on the counter just that afternoon. She wasn't one to throw tantrums often, just little sniffles and cries.

I watch as Harry gets up from my couch watching as Lenny walks out of her room with her bright pink Beauty and the Beast backpack.

"I'll bring her back Sunday evening, just in time for school the next day," he mumbles.

I give him a nod and Lennon comes up to kiss me goodbye. "Bye Lenny" I say kissing her head. "Be good, alright?"

With her tiny voice agreeing, I watch them both walk out and let out a sigh of relief.

The first thing I do is sprint to my room and pull out a beautiful tight dress I'd had stored in my closet for months. I'd never worn it, but I felt that tonight was the perfect opportunity to. I quickly slip off my shirt and jeans changing as quickly as I can before I run back to my purse to pull out my favorite shade of red lipstick. Popping the lid open I try to apply it as neatly as I can, seeing my pink lips turn into a beautiful cherry red. I put my nude heels on, spraying my favorite perfume my ma got me from Mexico before checking my phone.

 I put my nude heels on, spraying my favorite perfume my ma got me from Mexico before checking my phone

As soon as I check my phone suddenly notifies me I have a message.

"Shit" I curse groaning as I touch it back up with some concealer and pull out my phone.

E 💗

Will be there in a bit,
Can't wait to see you, gorgeous x

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck

I quickly text him back and take my hair out of its ponytail, running my fingers through it to make it look more presentable.

The doorbell suddenly rings and I jump, not expecting him to be here so fast.

I prepare to open the door for Ethan, smiling widely, I open up the door and low and behold....it's not him but-

"Uhm-" Harry says. His eyebrows raise in shock and his mouth is slightly open. "I....," he stutters and I watch as his face turns into a bright red shade.

Oh fuck me. Of course.

"Lenny, forgot her uh..." He struggles to let out his words.

"Mommy, you look pretty," Lennon says innocently.

"Thank you, baby" I responded.

I watch as Harry's eyes are captivated on my chest and I uncomfortably glance down to Lennon who is admiring my dress with a dimpled smile.

"Lenny, why don't you go get your doll, darling hm?," Harry says causing Lennon to run past me.

We stare at each other for a few more seconds before Harry finally speaks up "Are you going on a..uh date?" He blinks looking a little baffled.

"Yes." I simply say.

"Cool," he says, "You look great." He says a little quieter and a little much more sternly. His jaw is clenched and he's biting the inside of his cheek.

"Thank you, Harry," I say feeling a bit flustered.

The fact that I transformed into a completely different person in less than 5 minutes was both an accomplishment a little bit of an embarrassment for me at the moment.

Harry was a little bit speechless right now and I wish I could know what he was thinking. I mean, not that I care or anything, I just prefer anything but his silence right now.

"...I didn't know you were seeing anyone" He says. Oh god here we go.

"He's just a friend..." I smile politely.

He's a little more than that but who's gonna tell him because I surely won't.

"A friend" He unhumorously laughed and shook his head. I watched as his eyes looked me up in down and then finished off with a deep sigh.

"Yes Harry, a friend" I say running my hands through my hair and fixing it up a bit more.

"A friendly date?" He asks, he knows it's more than that but I would rather not go into detail.

"Sure," I nod.

As soon as he's about to say more, Lennon walks out the door in front of me with her doll.

"Okay daddy, I'm ready now," she says. "I got her."

"Alright, let's make sure we've got everything. Have you got it all now?"

"Yes!" She says.

Harry looks up at me once again, staring for a good, long two seconds. "Enjoy your night, Nina"

"Thank you" I say before waving goodbye to Lenny.

As I watch Harry walk away with Lennon, I know that for a fact he's upset.

We're not together anymore and he needed to get that through his head sooner or later.

-

A/N: This is my first fic I've written in years. I have to admit there's numerous of story ideas just in my drafts. This one is one of many.
I know this chapter wasn't much and was extremely short but there's way more to what you've just read.
Let me know what you think!
- n

 Let me know what you think! - n