•37• Culpability

Start from the beginning

Taehyung's fingers played with Jungkook's hair as the kiss deepened instantly. A soft moan swallowed into Jungkook's lips before it could leave Taehyung’s mouth.

"Yuck Hyungs." 

The two jolted away instantly when they heard Yeonjun's voice. He fake gagged at them from the window of Taehyung's bedroom.

"The heck?" Taehyung asked with his hands on his hips as he looked at his brother.

"Jungkookie Hyung! See you at the dinner table." Yeonjun replied, completely ignoring his brother. 

The younger version of Kim Taehyung waved and left the window and the cute couple shared a laugh.

"See you soon, Tae baby. Gotta go and catch up with Yug."

"Mhmm. Be on time Kookie." With another chaste kiss on the lips, they parted ways.

🕸️🕷️🕸️

Jungkook walked into Yugyeom's house, the old memories flashing in. He entered the drawing room only to find his friend drinking in the bar again.

"Yug..." Jungkook called out and Yugyeom raised his head from the table, eyes landing his eyes on Jungkook.

"Kook. Come, join me."

Jungkook sat on one of the stools as Yugyeom finished another glass of his scotch.

"Want some?" He asked Jungkook who shook his head.

"What's wrong, Yug?"

Yugyeom chuckled at the question.

"Let’s see. Maybe, everything." He replied.

"Yug, listen. Whatever it is, you don’t have to stay this way. Let it out." Jungkook said and rubbed Yugyeom's back, encouraging him to talk.

"My father, he hid more than he showed and she knew. She knew everything about him yet she chose to lie to me. Over and over again." He confessed and Jungkook sat silently.

"Why Kook? Am I not worthy enough to know? Why did she lie to me? Why is she hiding? Why?" He asked impatiently and Jungkook looked down helplessly.

"D-dad… he was my only family. He, he’s all gone Kook. Y-you know the pain of losing your l-loved ones, don't you? It’s killing me." Yugyeom let it all out and Jungkook closed his eyes at the thoughts.

Flashback to the night ran through. The night is still vivid in his mind, fresh in front of his eyes. 

Dr. Hoki's bruised face, with a silent plea when he took his last breath. His promise.

Jungkook swiftly opened his eyes and took a deep breath. The feeling of guilt rushed into his blood again.

"You know what Jungkook?" Yugyeom asked, voice dangerously deep and hoarse from the drinking.

"I have a feeling that he was murdered."

"W-what?"

"Dad wouldn’t just die like that. He just can’t. I have to find out who did this to my father. And when I know who it is. I swear I won’t leave them alone." He whispered through gritted teeth and Jungkook's breath hitched.

Only Jungkook could feel how Tzuyu might have felt because the two of them were bound by the promise. Unable to reveal the truth about his father's reality because they knew Yugyeom would destroy himself and hate his father.

Watching him all drowned in pain, Jungkook felt crushed and powerless. He wished he could set things right for his friend.

But little did he know that Yugyeom had already discovered things that were enough to destroy not only his life but everyone's.