The Goddess Awakens

Start from the beginning

"Let's go home-" he started when you had remained silent.

"I—Love you too."

With a small nod, he acknowledged your declaration.

"Let's both go home, I'll look after you tonight."

Let's both go home. It felt like for some reason he wasn't talking about some apartment on Earth, there was a hidden meaning there. Probably.

★彡★彡★彡

The car descended into the darkness of the night. The light show that was the sunset had long faded away. No one spoke. It was a comfortable silence, both of you were trying to savour each other's profession of love. You remembered being in love but it wasn't as invigorating as this, it didn't make your heart soar like this. It dawned on you maybe you didn't really love that person. Your ex was just a comfortable alternative. You both started dating in Highschool, then went to university together. Both of you assumed that you would get married. Until one day you decided that you didn't want to be with him anymore. You didn't want to be comfortable. You picked up and left.

Jin had never said those three little words to anyone yet alone meant it. That was what was so terrifying. Well except for one person and even then he didn't expressively let his words hang in the open air like that. This was a first for him. Yes, he was used to answer prayers of love. Those prayers, that were uttered before a date, or a train ride home, or the darkness of night, but he had never understood what those people felt until now. The aching feeling of longing in his chest, the emptiness he felt when he turned and you weren't there, the miracle that was your smiling face. He was the moth to your flame. So many human lovers had tried to coax those words out of him. Jin was too good-natured to flat out deny them, he would smile endearingly,  melting away the thought of ever needing a spoken confession. Jin was a free spirit after all. He had been fond of those women, each one was as wonderful as the other. Yet, he didn't love them. 

Watching you stare out the window in your own thoughts made him understand though. This was just destiny. He couldn't have picked a better person to fall in love with. Destiny had picked well.

Standing at your apartment, your keys second from turning, you became a bundle of nervousness. You wondered was your room tidy? Did you actually put your laundry away? What did Jin like to eat? Wait? You didn't think this through.

Whilst your you were panicking your body took over following through with unlocking the door and letting him in. A force of habit. Compared to Jungkook or Hoseok who had been in your apartment previously Jin didn't move around too freely. He simply followed your lead. As for you, you were getting tired again. Like a large amount of energy had been sucked out of you.

"Are you hungry?" You asked, trying to hold back a yawn.

"Hey rest, I'll make us something to eat." He was already loosening his tie moving towards your kitchen.

"Wait you really cook?" You asked dubiously. Did the gods even need to cook?

"Yeah I enjoy it..." he scoured your cupboards, making a note of everything, he peered into your fridge. "...you have quality ingredients in here" he muttered.

It was true that you enjoyed the food as much as he did, particularly good quality food, you didn't try to break the bank but your food was somewhat luxurious. On days off it was you stood in the kitchen, dreaming up a master piece meal. Now it was Jin shuffling among your cupboards.